Tuesday, June 29, 2010

One Fine Day

Have you ever been up so early to see the flower van delivering bundles of flowers to flower shops? Have you been up so early to see people riding to work on their bicycles? What about people delivering milk in glass bottles on front door steps? Well, I got to see all of that today. It was so nice to step outside around 08:00 in the morning and see people having fun as they start their day. And, I think you could only get that in Italy. It made me think...I need to stop rolling over in my bed moaning that morning has arrived. I need to get up and greet the day like these folks did. Just looking at the Italians perform their duties while fresh air blew through my hair as I drove down the street put a smile on my face. I was so thankful I got to see this remarkable event happen, and in Italy for goodness sake! I am truely blessed, and wish I could share the experience.

And why was I up on this day, and not other days? Well, today was beauty day for Jack! He got cleaned, cut, and shaved. I love the soft hair he gets after he is groomed, but sometimes the perfume that gets sprayed on him is a little overwhelming for me. And please answer this for me...why do the groomers here feel like every dog needs to look like a girl?



The bow is just a bit much for me to take! So, it gets taken off as soon as we get home.
I am deprived being over in Italy of all my reality shows, and it really does bug me. [Yes, I know...Sad] However, I have finally found a website that will let me watch all of my shows for free. And no, Hulu.com does not work over here..already tried. So, I have been occupied for the past couple days catching up on Kendra, The Hills, and my favorite, Army Wives.

Work was the usual today, but also nice to get back into the swing of things since I kinda had a four day weekend. I also got a jump on my skill level training. I am now at level three, and once I complete that I will be able to obtain another raise which is always nice! So, I have six months to buckle down, and finish 9 months worth of paperwork. Do you think I can do it? I sure hope so!!
Tonight also added to my fine day because Gregg called! It's always nice to finish my day with some catching up with the husband. We had a lot to discuss, but it all turned out great. He mentioned he could really use a home cooked meal right about now, and it made me feel good because it showed that he really misses home. I asked him if he could have any home cooked meal right now what would it be, and I swear to you, it always the same answer: steak, spinach, and mashed potatoes. That is a true man's meal, and I have nothing wrong with it cause...he has to do half of the cooking! I also told him when he comes home one leave that we need to go to the Italian market here, buy some crab, and cook it ourselves. We have never done it ourselves before, so if anyone has a good recipe...please pass it our way. I also bought some crab pokers I am dying to try out..so, its already on the itinery.


School is finally getting better, and I am actually enjoying Computer Ethics now. I really just needed to spend a little bit more time on it, and it finally grew on me. My homework tonight in the class was to discuss what personal information was? and what does the fourth amendment protect us from? The answer to the second question was outstanding on my end because I went all day with the answer. I just hope the teacher agrees! As for Writing, there is nothing fun about it, but what writing class is? My first paper is a proposal paper on why business's have to test you on personality skills, and do the tests really show true answers? I remember I had to take an integrity test when I applied for Build-A-Bear. It was the last step in the hiring process. And how did that end? I did not get hired, but I feel as though I have enough integrity. I think tests are dumb! [ha!]


Anyways, that was my day! I hope everyone is having a Happy Tuesday, and if you aren't, I hope tomorrow is different for you. Until next time....oh, don't forget to leave a crab recipe...later!


Signature

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

jack is soooo adorable....he needs to go on the bachelor..

g

June 29, 2010 at 4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home