Monday, June 21, 2010

Catching Up

I am back from Malta, and I had a blast! However, I am not here to talk about that just yet. [Sorry!] I need to update you on what happened at the house before I left for Malta. A couple days before my trip, a high school peer stopped in my city to visit me after she finished her study abroad class in Florence, Italy. Her name is Mary, and we were close our freshmen year of high school. After that, we kind of went our different ways with friends. Anyways, the weekend she came to visit, we got to catch up and introduce each other to our new lives. I had fun showing her around my city, and exploring the cities around me.

I went to the train station to pick her up, and this bike area is a main area you will see when you pull up to the train station. I call this "bike heaven." It seems like its the place where all bikes go to die. I love seeing it, and watching more bikes appear everytime I pass.

We took a trip to Venice, Italy which is only 45 minutes away from my house because she has never been, and wanted to go. This was my 5th time going, but I can always find shopping reasons to go to Venice. Here are some pictures to mark our adventure:

This top left picture is the Realto bridge, and the bottom left is the San Marco basilica. You will find both of these places in many movies, such as, Just Married with Ashton Kutcher and Brittney Murphy.



Another day, I took her to my favorite spot in Vicenza, Italy...and that is, Monte Berico. I love it because it is always so quiet when you go up there, and you can overlook the entire city. In these next pictures, you will be able to see the view and the church that sits on top of the mountain.
Mary had to leave that Tuesday, and taking her to the airport, I was able to conquer one thing..and that was, the Autostrada!! YAY! I knew I could always do the autosrada, but never really wanted to because its a tad bit intimidating. For those who don't understand the autostrada...its like an interstate, but you have to be going 85mph or faster.
Now, check back at some point in time to see the Malta update. Right now, we are still in the process of gathering everyone's pictures [which is like 400+] and then I will have to sort through them and pick which ones I would actually want to post on here. So, stay tuned! Until next time, later!
Signature

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home