Friday, June 4, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

I am a little behind in updating, and I feel horrible for that. I have a lot fo school work to catch up on, and the a mjority of that comes first before blogging. I had a great Memorial Day weekend filled with many memories. But first, I would like to thank all the soldiers past and present for all they have done for us. Without you guys, we would not be where we are today. Craig, thanks for all you have done in Iraq. Your job has not gone unnoticed. Gregg, thanks babe for all you have done in Afghanistan. Your hard work, sacrifice, long hours, and more have made me so proud of you. I love you and please come home safe!

On Friday, a coworker decided we should go to Lucca, Italy for one night one Saturday night, and I was so game! Lucca, Italy is the place where my Italian family is from, and I was eager to see it. I have heard before that Lucca, Italy is the most beautiful place in Tuscany, and it didn't disapoint me. Here are a few pictures from the city, and there are many more on Facebook.


We stayed in this beautiful Villa called Villa Volpi, and it was tucked away in this hill looking over the city. Manuela, my coworker, and I were extremely lucky to have just fallen on this spot. This picture is a picture I took from the window of my room. The view was gorgeous and kind of surreal. I thought I was in heaven and felt relaxed.


This is part of the entrance to the villa. You can tell the owners keep up the place all the time to make sure it is always looking nice for their guests.
I got to lay out by the pool a couple of hours both days and I was able to get some sun. This was taken in the morning when no one was laying out. Doesn't it just say, "Lay on me, and enjoy a fruity drink.."? haha.


There was a restaurant attached to the villa, but we did not eat at this place because we went to downtown Lucca and enjoyed shopping and eating out there...still pretty though.

This is the entrance into Lucca, Italy. The wall is still standing today, and the only city that has most of its wall still standing. I thought that was pretty cool.


This is the famous Piazza Anfiteatro where I did a lot of my shopping, and ate dinner here in one of the side restuarants. It was gorgeous at night with all the lights lit up.
Just pretty...



After I got back from my trip, I enjoyed some time with friends at a local cherry festival. It was a nice relaxing night as well. We got to enjoy good wine, food, cherries, music, and rides. Here are a couple pictures fromt he outing.

Yummy Cherries, they were huge!
I'm purchasing my cherries...Thanks Dana for taking pictures that night!

My friend Elena also came back with her husband last night from their R&R trip. They brought me back a hand painted trivet from Istanbul, and it is absolutely beautiful. I am so thankful for friends that would do that for you. Anyways, Elena, Ben, Nicole, Lindsay, Abbi, and myself all had a night of fun. We looked at pictures fromt he couples trip, ate, shared laughs, drank wine. It was such a down to earth fun night, and I wish I could replay it all over again. I can't wait for all the boys to come home and we can all have many more nights of laughs.
Today, I am having lunch with some of the girls, having dinner with co-workers, squeezing in working out, and then highschool lock-in tonight. It will be a busy day, but all fun! Until next time, Arrivederci!

Signature


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ur blog on cherries made me remember this story....

A lady was sitting in a bar talking to the bartender. The bartender dropped the cherry he was going to put in her drink.

“Shit, I just lost my cherry,” said the bartender.

The woman responded, “I lost my cherry too.. but I still have the box it came in.”

June 4, 2010 at 3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home