Wednesday, June 30, 2010

My New Apron

As I have been stating in previous posts, I am still new to the whole "suzy homemaker" title. Its some scarey ground to step into, but I am finally ready to start experiencing it more. I am ready to try new recipe's without any hesitation or questioning. I also want to learn how to clean better; because, it always seems like mom knows every trick to the trade, and I would like to be just like that. So, I will be taking it little by little, and marking my experience here on the blog.

Mom has suggested going to the website called flylady.net, but it seems as though I always get overwhelmed when I step into that site. If anyone has advice on how to take that site by the bull, let me know. I would also like some suggestions on other websites or books that will be helpful to me.

I am very interested in learning to cook more meals from scratch; however, I do not want to learn anymore unhealthy meals. Everything will be healthy from here on out. Although that brings some disappoint on the husbands end, he will just have to get over it. I have seen way to many Biggest Loser episodes to scare me for dear life. I think everyone should watch at least one season, and I swear to you, it will change your life.

When I start preparing these new meals, I will be working with a gas stove and oven. I absolutely love my gas appliances and will not trade them for anything. I know with the help of this appliance, I will get much better tasting food, but I will have to learn all over again when I move back to that states. Most houses in the states come with electric now, and I know I will say a few words when I step foot in front of one of those. I will eventually beg the husband a thousand times until I get a replacement of the electric stove, but I know I will have to suffer for awhile. [Argh]

When cleaning, I will start using things I can only get at the Commissary here on post. I am limited to only a few choices, but i figure it is better than trying to go to Emisfero, and trying to read what kind of cleaners they have.

Alright, I think thats about it. Oh yea...While I was in Italy, my goal was to purchase my very first apron. A couple of weekends ago, I found it! They were even able to stitch my name and Italia on it for me within two minutes! I absolutely adore it, and it goes perfectly with my Red Kitchen. See, don't I just look too cute?

** By the way, I have become a pro at working the self-timer on my camera. I took this picture myself!**

Can't wait to get started, and hopefully Gregg will be impressed when he comes home at the end of the year! Until next time, later!

Signature

6 Comments:

Blogger Dana said...

You are too cute for words! Come over sometime and we'll knock out a Pioneer Woman recipe!

July 1, 2010 at 5:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Dana about Pioneer Woman! She has great receipes. You should read her blog if you don't already.

If you remember, I have done the flylady method off and on for a couple of years. It can be intimitadatin on the website but just start with the section on the left called beginer babysteps and go from there. That will get you started. Sign up for their daily e-mails and be sure to choose condensed or whatever it is for one e-mail a day or otherwise you will get 50! Each day it will tell you what to do for that day. It's great.

Kelly

July 1, 2010 at 3:21 PM  
Blogger Momma Rauwolf said...

Oh my. I so wish I had a gas stove. They are the best. One of these days I will be replacing my electric with a gas. I've considered breaking mine on purpose so we'd have to buy a new one. I have tons of quick and easy healthy WW cookbooks. If you're interested just email me and I'll send you some. The foods healthy and it tastes like real food. Your hubby has eaten some of it before without complaint. Love you girl. You look so cute.

July 2, 2010 at 10:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your apron...I have always liked aprons, just don't always remember to use them! Haha! Your great-grandmother loved them also. I think you must have some of her in you. Her house was meticulous, always sparkling clean, but it was just her and grandaddy. Good routines are the basis to cleaning and if you don't use it, get rid of it. Also don't take what others are offering just to be nice, only if you will use it. As for cleaning, I love my vinegar and water cleaner I use now instead of my purple 409 (it was too hard to find), its my all purpose spray. I learned a new trick the other day from Ms. Renate' she uses liquid dishwasher detergent mixed with water to clean her bathroom grout. You know the kind you put in the dishwasher. I'm gonna try it on my shower soon. I'll let you know how it works...it should work fine. She is also a cleaning fool. Well best go since it is late. That's all the advice I have for you today.
Love, Mom

July 3, 2010 at 2:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dinner menu: steak, potatos, beer....in case you forget...steak, potatos, beer....if you can't make that...ill take butter sauteed shrip (not from the gulf), dirty rice, beer...and you can throw in a very small salad for the health nuts...LOVE THE APRON...chow!

g-

July 3, 2010 at 9:34 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Thanks to everyone that contributed to this post. It will all come handy to me, and thanks for the compliment....And Dad, you crack me up!!

July 3, 2010 at 11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home