Sunday, May 16, 2010

To Long of a Blogging Break

I think I have been gone long enough, and it is about time to give you guys an update. I have been gone because of midterms. Of course, what other excuse would I have for you. Sensation and Perception was not too bad, but American Government kicked me in the butt. I had no clue where to go with it, but thanks to a friend, we conquered through it at last minute.

Gregg and I went on a long break without being able to talk to each other, and it really put my patience to the test. There were many nights I was sad, angry, and just plain numb. I can't wait for this deployment to be over with, and Gregg at home. He is doing good now, but very very busy. I am hoping the work load will slow down for him soon so we are able to talk more.

My best friend Justine's husband got hurt yesterday down range [He is okay, just scared us more than anything], and really put things in perspective for me. Sometimes, you get so wrapped up in your life that you forget about the things that are truely important. My husband is at war protecting me and millions of other people he doesn't even know. I hope no sort of harm crosses his path, and he is able to return home soon. [i love you baby]

On to other news:
I don't remember if I told you or not, but I got to go to a hair coloring party with a couple of my girlfriends. I colored my hair a medium brown just like I did last time. I think I really should go permanent with it next time..hmm. Here is my friend, Natalie going for it on my hair.

Recap of my birthday:

On my birthday, May 4th, I got to have a great day filled with awful rain. In Italy...when it rains, it literally pours. I got all dressed up because I don't get that chance anymore, but it was totally not even worth it. By the time I took my 10 second walk into work, I was drenched up to my waist. My jeans were soaked, and my shoes made the swishing noise. Ugh, it was awful! However, while I was at work...I got a flower delivery from a great friend, Dana, and her son Jericho. I'm telling you guys, these two are AMAZING people. They were beautiful daisies; by far the best daisies I have ever seen.

And when I got home, I came home to my kitchen decorated my Dana and Jericho [they have my extra set of house keys, so I didn't know]. It literally made my heart skip a beat, and a smile come over my face.

Later that night, Natalie and I went and got some sushi from Zushi and ate at my house while watching Its Complicated. By the way, very funny movie. I would watch it again and again.





Update with Jack:
Jack has been a busy little bee walking close behind all over the house. He is in desperate need of a haircut, and I feel so bad I have let his hair get as long as it has. However, Gregg would love the whole long hair over the eyes look. Jack has also made a new friend. Her name is Una, and she is about 3 months old. I think Jack likes her because she is around the same size as he is. She comes over all the time now, and plays. After about 10 minutes of playing, they both tire out and sleep. Here is Jack's new friend, Una, asleep on my American Government book.


I had a pretty busy weekend, and I am pretty glad I accomplished just about everything on my list. I had a fun girls night out on Friday by enjoying a great dinner with friends followed by dancing. Saturday consisted of homework, and work from 4-11. Saturday was pretty much a waste for me, but oh well. However, today was very productive. I finished all of my school work, tackled the entire pile of laundry, installed a shower curtain, and managed to cook myself dinner.
Here is a picture of the shower curtain I installed, just in case no one reads my FB posts.


That's about it, I think. I am planning some trips that will take up most of my time for June and July, and I am pretty excited about it! So, be sure to keep a look out for updates on that! Until next time, later.

Signature

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

jack has a friend...so happy...

g

May 16, 2010 at 8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home