Monday, April 5, 2010

Tuesday's Lists: Favorite Crock Pot Recipes

I wanted to make sure I got my Tuesday's List in for this week, so I am doing mine a day early. I can't wait to see what everyone else puts on their list of Favorite Crock Pot Recipes. I only have a few, but I want to bump up my list because the hubby, Gregg, is always begging for a Crock Pot meal. And well, I am just new to the whole cooking in one pot for 6 hours or more...And plus, I always forget about setting it in the morning. I think if I get a few more recipes under my belt, I will be become more likely to turn that baby on!

[1] Easy Salsa Chicken Recipe
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast
2 jars medium or spicy salsa
1 can of black beans
1 can of whole kernal corn

Pour the salsa, black beans, and corn into the crock pot and stir to mix.
Add the chicken breads to the mix and pour some the liquid on top.
Cook on low 8 to 10 hours.
Serve over rice or eat with tortilla chips.

[2] Mushroom Chicken Pasta Recipe
5-6 chicken tenders (or 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts)
1 box ziti or rigatoni
1 can Cambell's Cream of Mushroom Soup
4 oz. sliced Portebella Mushrooms
1 large onion, sliced into wedges
1/2 cup white wine
Salt and Pepper to taste
Fresh Thyme

Arrange chicken flat at the bottom.
Season generously with salt and pepper.
Cover with mushroom coup, wine, mushrooms, and onions.
Mix liquid slightly without moving chicken.
Cook on low 3-4 hours.
Add fresh thyme towards the end of cooking.
Cook pasta according to package on stove, and serve with mixture on top.

[3] BBQ Ribs
3 lb. boneless country cut ribs
1 onion sliced
1 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
Pepper to taste

Place meat on bottom of pot.
Add onions and pepper.
Top with BBQ sauce.
Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.

See, those are super easy, but I do not have that many. Sorry, I also have no pictures to post because, like I said before, I don't use the Crock Pot too often, but have always wanted to. Can't wait to see what everyone else posts!

My friend, Jessica, did her ABC's and I thought I would join in as well...seems like fun!

A. AREA CODE: *9*3*
B. BED SIZE: Queen
C. CHORE YOU HATE: Doing Dishes
D. DOG'S NAME: Jack
E. ESSENTIAL "START THE DAY" ITEM: Moisterizer
F. FAVORITE COLOR: Dark Purple or Green
G. GOLD OR SILVER: Silver
H. HEIGHT: 5 foot on the dot.
I. INSTRUMENTS YOU PLAY: the vaccumm...lol.
J. JOB: Child & Youth Program Assistant
K. KIDS: None, but Gregg and I would love two in the future.
L. LIVING ARRANGEMENTS: Apartment in Vicenza, Italy with husband.
M. MOM'S NICKNAME: Mommy?
N. NICKNAME: Mandi and Mnda
O. OVERNIGHT HOSPITAL STAY: Overies
P. PET PEEVE: Chipped Nail Polish
Q. QUOTE FROM A MOVIE: "Shake and Bake!" Haha that was the first one that popped in my head.
R. RIGHT OR LEFTY: Righty.
S. SIBLINGS: Chris (older big brother, RIP), Sarah, Katie, and Melissa (all younger sisters)
T. TIME YOU WAKE UP: Around 7:30 a.m.
U. UNDERWEAR: I love the Boy Shorts
V. VEGGIE YOU DISLIKE: Its a toss up between cauliflower and brussel sprouts
W. WAYS/REASONS YOUR LATE: I'm never late.
X. X-RAYS YOU HAVE HAD: Left elbow.
Y. YUMMY FOOD YOU MAKE: Manicotti and Enchiladas
Z. ZOO ANIMALS YOU LIKE: Bears


Signature

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

interesting...
g

April 5, 2010 at 5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home