Monday, March 22, 2010

Tuesday's List: Favorite Snack

Happy Tuesday Everyone! I hope everyone's day is off to the right start! To let everyone know, I am back in Italy, but I will give you guy's the details of my trip when I get the pictures from my sister which she promised to get them to me soon. Now, before I jump into my Tuesday's List, I want everyone to jump over to the creator of Tuesday's List blog, Love From Texas, and check her out.
Now, here is mine:
{1} Mixed Fresh Fruit
This is my my all time favorite snack hands down! I usually don't like to just one piece of fruit. I would prefer all different kinds cut up and mixed together. I wish I could have this snack more often, but sometimes I don't have the time to cut...sad, I know. In the summer, I plan on cutting lots of fruit to always have on hand. I usually like to mix pineapple, strawberries, kiwi, and blueberries together. This is one I have to go mmhhmmm....
{2} Quaker's Apple Cinnamon
I got hooked on these about a month ago, and I just can't stop myself from eating them. Everytime I see the bag, it ends up in my hands with quakers in my mouth...Good thing they are healthy!! I don't like any of the other flavors, but I know my family loves the cheddar and ranch one. So, everyone go pick up a bag and try them..[Jeez, I sound like a commercial]


{3} Caprese Salad

This is one of those snacks I have pulled from my Italian country. Ever since the first time I tried Caprese, I have been making it so much. Anytime I start making this, Gregg likes to come up behind me and start eating it to where there is only one left for me to have..[Boo!] Its super easy:
Go to the grocery store and buy some fresh Tomatoes, Spinach leaves (optional), and Fresh Mozzerella [Gregg likes to call it "Water Cheese" because its cheese that sits in water to stay fresh] The one sad thing about the states is...Fresh Mozzerella is way more expensive there than in Italy. So, that is going to be a bummer for me when I move back.
Anyways, cut the tomatoes and cheese like the picture below and arrange leaves however you would like, and then drizzle EVOO on top. YUM YUM, and this is healthy too!


{4} Chips and Salsa
Okay, so this isn't exactly healthy, but I sure do love my chips and salsa. This is one thing that gets me in trouble because once I start, I can't stop. Now that Gregg is gone on deployment, I try not to keep any of these two things in the house so I won't be tempted. [Boo! on Sodium and Carbs]

{5} French Bread, Salami, and Cheese
This is a Metaxas Favorite. Every now and then we treat ourselves to this delicious snack. We all just sit around the table cutting slices of bread, salami, and cheese. If Dad is home, we usually have Blue Cheese out which I eat, but don't love. My favorite cheese is Asiago cheese...Man, Can I go to the winery and get some cheese now? Too bad its my bedtime.


Signature


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

in a word from ace ventura, pet detective, "Yummy."

g

March 22, 2010 at 8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home