Sunday, March 14, 2010

Family, Friends, and Fun

Man oh Man; I feel like everytime I get on here, I feel like I am so behind, and have to catch up on so many things.

This is what has been going on with me [and Gregg] since the last time I posted. I have gotten a lot of myto-do list accomplished, and that was a big step for me due to my schedule with work and school. Here is my to-do list:

  • Get Jack Cleaned and Given a Haircut
  • Go to the Doctor for Allergy Medicine
  • Set up My Gyno Appointment..UGH!
  • Set up My Appointments to Take Final Exam
  • File 2009 Federal Taxes
  • Clean the House
  • Do Laundry
  • Fill Out 2010-2011 FAFSA Application
  • Register for Next Session Classes
  • Write Sociology Paper
  • Write Abnormal Psychology Paper

See? I have done a lot! And, then last Friday after work, I had to come home and pack my bags, get Jack settled for my two week trip home to Memphis, Tennessee. By the time I finished getting ready for my trip, I only had an hour left until I needed to start my journey. I left the house at 03:30 to catch the 04:00 in the morning shuttle to the airport. Once I got to the airport, I got on my plane to head to the awful Paris airport. I was not looking forward to going to that airport again, and boy did they make it a pain. I had to go through 3 different security checks just to get on the plane [Jeez!]. Then from Paris, I went to Atlanta where I went through Immigration with flying colors. I happen to love the Atlanta airport! Then it was off to Memphis where I flew in at about 20:50. I was very very tired, but stayed up with the family for a couple hours giving out gifts, and catching up. It took a while for my jet lag to pass, but it finally did.

During this past week, I have spent as much of my time relaxing with family, and shopping! I have spent so much on shopping than I have ever before. BUT, all the things I got for myself [and Gregg] were very much needed. I got a lot of new summer outfits, kitchen items, and tennis shoes. And, Gregg got new shoes [thank God..finally], video games, and still searching for that new hat. I was also able to surprise a lot of friends this week that didn't know I was coming into town, and they were shocked! This Saturday, we got some of the family together for dinner, and it was nice to sit with everyone in a casual environment. Now, I am just trying to catch up on some school work, and prepare for the second week of my trip. All in all, this was a much deserved trip, and about time I crossed the big ocean.

Gregg is doing well; lately, he has been very busy. He is still in school, and I am very proud of the grades he has right now because he has been working hard. He is already 3 months into the deployment, and has 9 more to go. The countdown is definitely on, and we both can't wait until the year is over with.

I know I did miss out on last Tuesday's List and I apologize. I got a little caught up with family, and the jet lag took over my body. Hopefully, I will be able to get on this Tuesday and have some fun again! Until next time, later.

P.S. I got my hair cut and colored. Will post pictures soon...they are on my sister's camera, and I have to wait until I recieve them. Not to be full of myself or anything, but I look pretty darn cute! HeHe



Signature

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home