Monday, February 1, 2010

Tuesday's List: Bible Verses

It's Tuesday's List time again! Well, technically its late on Monday night, but I know I will not have anytime tomorrow to get a post in..so here it goes. This week we are listing bible verses that we tend to always go back to. The ones that give so much meaning, and help us get through times where we need a little rememberance/help. So, here I go...

{1} Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

With this bible verse, God is telling me he has a plan for me I do not need to worry. My life will end with him, and I should enjoy the day.

{2} Philippians 4:6-7
Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

This one is pretty much self explanatory...I need to remember that I am allowed to pray to God at any moment of the day. I do not need to wait until Sunday, do it now..pray to him for advice, help, encouragement, etc., and he will give.

{3} Joshua 1:9
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.

I also have to remember that God is with me no matter where I go...to work, to the PX, to the gym, etc. I need to hold myself up and be happy because God has created the day, and to rejoice in it. God will always be there helping me make the decisions I have to make.

{4} Romans 12:21
Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

This one is very important to remember in daily problems. If someone is mean to me, I do not be mean back. That is just going to end up hurting me in the end. I need to spread good around the world, and hopefully some will follow.

{5} Ephesians 5:22-33
Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands. Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the Church and gave himself up for her, that he may sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, so that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she may be holy and without blemish. In the same way husbands should love their wives as they love their bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as Christ does the church, because we are members of his body. Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.

This one was said at Gregg and my wedding, and I am so close to this verse. Everyone reads this one wrong, but really, it gives so much meaning.
Wives, submit to your husband - A lot of women take this literally and say the bible is telling me to be a slave to my husband, but its not. Its saying wives, you should always be there for your husband. Help him, comfort him, love him, etc.
And in the end, God is telling husbands to love their wives, and I think that is very important in a relationship. Boys will become men when they can honestly say they love their wife.
And two shall become one- that is so powerful. Gregg and I have honestly become one in our marriage and have so much respect for one another. I can't wait to spend another day with him always.

Alright, there you go...Sorry, if I am a bit bland in my words today....still feeling a bit crummy, but I will get through. Hopefully the sun will come out soon, and I can have a day of fun!

Signature

2 Comments:

Blogger Love from Texas said...

gosh - GREAT choices. i love them all! everyone always takes eph 5:22-23 wrong, but when understood it's just beautiful! 'husbands love your wives as christ loved the church...' you can't get much better than that!

February 2, 2010 at 4:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great verses! Thanks for sharing them all. Hope you have a great week!

February 2, 2010 at 10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home