Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Tuesday's List: Go To Dinners

YAY! I am so excited to be able to do Tuesday's List, and I loving the theme for this paticular list. Why you ask? On this paticular Tuesday, we are listing our Go To Dinners. That means...list dinners you always go to when you just can't think of anything else to have or you just don't have any time for any other meal. You need something quick, and something everyone will love. So, back to the question...I am loving this theme because I can get other easy recipe's from fellow readers that will pretty much satisfy anyone. The only problem I am going to have is that my recipe's are the plain jane recipe's. I am still new at this whole cooking thing, so I only explore every once and awhile...it also stinks when you have a picky man to cook for.
Now, I know some of you read my blog religiously and I love every person that does. I also know that more than 95% of you readers do not have a blog that I can find interesting/delicious meals from...So, please feel free to email me some great recipes at amanda.rauwolf@yahoo.com or just leave me a comment here. Preferably healthy ones since I am on a diet, and want to continue it! Gregg will survive...lol. (And a note: If you post anonymously, please leave your name at the end of the comment. Thanks!)
Now, on to the post:

{1} My Tacos/Your Burritos
This title has a funny story to it. When its this meal night..Gregg always asks whats for dinner? And, I always answer Taco's because that is what I am used to saying. And he says "No, I don't like Taco's and you know that"...And, I have to answer back "I mean your style burritos." Gregg hates tacos, but loves burritos...We have this conversation every time. I guess I need to learn to start saying burritos because we do use those huge tortilla shells so you can fold in both sides.
I say this is a Go To Dinner because I always have tortilla shells, ground beef, taco seasoning, and mixings in the fridge. Anytime I make this, I know it is a crowd pleaser and will get eaten everytime. I am really not going to go into much of an explanation on how to make because its pretty common in households. However, I will tell you how we usually top our tacos.
When this cooked, these ingredients are always OFFERED:
Huge Tortilla Shells
Ground Beef cooked with Taco Seasoning
Refried Beans
Lettuce
Tomato
Onion
Cheese
Sour Cream
Salsa
Taco Green Sauce
Gaucamole
Mexican Cheese
I also love this meal because I can use up my vegetables (lettuce, tomato, onion) if they are about to go bad. So, My Tacos/Your Burritos are always a good way to go!

{2} My invention Zucchini and Squash Mixture (No Name Yet)
I like this as a semi healthy way to go...feeds about 2.
Start with a skillet and two turns EVOO on medium heat.
Then cut one zucchini and one squash and add to pan.
Then add one can of diced tomatoes, and cover.
Let it cook until the vegetables are soft..be sure to stir every now and then.
Once its done, spoon mixture on a bed of rice.

{3} Chicken Fried Rice
This is another meal that is always in the kitchen.
Cook instant rice, and while that is being done start your skillet with EVOO.
Add your frozen vegetables, and a can of chicken. When its almost done, add some soy sauce, but not too much. Spoon mixture around the edges, and crack an egg right in the middle and scramble. Once its done, mix everything (vegetables, chicken, egg, and rice) together. Add more soy sauce if needed.

{4} Greggory Rauwolf's Always a Pleaser Spaghetti and Sauce
This meal will never go wrong in my house because Gregg invented the easy spaghetti sauce that just makes spaghetti so much better. Now, I don't know if I am allowed to be spreading the ingredients to his sauce so I am just going to end it here. However, the stuff to make this wonderful meal is ALWAYS on the grocery list. When Gregg was home, I am not going to lie, this meal was definitely eaten twice a month or more.

Well, there you go guys. That is my list of Go To Dinners! Sorry I didn't have any pictures! Can't wait to see your list's/emails/comments! Hope I didn't make anyone hungry either..if I did, Get to Cooking!

Signature

5 Comments:

Blogger Love from Texas said...

ok, so immediately when i saw your zucchini/squash recipe, i thought YUMMM, and then thought - 'angel hair pasta'. i may have to try it out with the pasta and see how it goes...

and the spaghetti sauce... you CAN'T just leave us hanging! haha!

January 26, 2010 at 3:12 PM  
Blogger Momma Rauwolf said...

Ok, if you can't post the spaghetti sauce you'll have to email it to me. I'd be interested in seeing how different his is from what he grew up eating. Hugs & Kisses Momma R.

January 26, 2010 at 5:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Mmm... I love cooking zucchini and squash together like that. I add onion to mine or garlic. Yummy! Thanks for sharing your other favorite go-to recipes!

January 26, 2010 at 9:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't forget the homemade vegetable beef recipe i gave u...yummy

g

January 26, 2010 at 10:00 PM  
Blogger The Mama said...

hi- thanks for stopping by the blog :) i think you could probably substitute some zucchini for the green peppers. does he not like all peppers? you could always use another color of bell pepper, or if he likes jalapenos you could add a little mexican flare by also adding some cumin/chili pepper/coriander/garlic powder/black pepper to the flour mixture you dredge the chops in. hope this helps. your zucchini and squash looks good. we do something similar and i love it!

January 28, 2010 at 12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home