Saturday, October 9, 2010

A Little Bit of Everything



I am probably becoming the worst blogger ever once again...It's seems like I pop on here to play those theme days like Top 2 Tuesday, Tuesday's List, Wordless Wednesday, Throwback Thursday, and Friday Fill-In. I find them a lot of fun to do, but I know I should keep you reader's informed on what's going on in the home.


I have been working a lot these days again, and its because we have gotten busier than ever. The money is nice, but it seems like I get to miss out on a lot of hubby and friend time. For instance, Gregg, Taylor, and Justine all walked a couple of blocks the other night to grab a kabob and drink while I was working. Jealousy kinda kicked me in the butt, but I brushed it aside as best I could.


One day at work, my activity was to make creepy crawler cupcakes with the teens. I love baking, so I jumped on this project with open arms. Now, teens are not advanced in the decorating department, so I tried to find something very easy. So, this was my goal...



And, this is what the teens ended up accomplishing...


It was nothing like the picture I grabbed online, but they did great anyways. I told them they could do whatever they felt they liked best. Some teens might have gotten a bit messy, but theytasted yummy. I certainly enjoyed eating the leftover cupcakes in the kitchen. : )


I am doing horrible in my math class this session. I did okay my first week, and then it has seems to go downhill from there. Sometimes I even have my weeks I feel like I have made A's on my week's work and quiz, but get the opposite when I look at my Portfolio. I will never take a math class online EVER again, and I encourage everyone not to as well.

Justine has her hubby back as of Tuesday, and Gregg has his best friend. We can't be any more happier for them. This weekend we had a barbeque, and had a blast. I marinated some steaks in a garlic and herb mix, made green bean casserole (to die for), Gregg's spinach mix, and Justine made yummy potatoes. Dinner was followed by The Karate Kid which was very entertaining. We skipped dinner this night because everyone was falling asleep, so we called it a night.

I finally started my search for Italian black boots...and, I am proud to say, I found them! They are super cute, and I love them. I found them yesterday at a store here in the mall. I will have to take a picture of them the first time I wear them. I am able to wear them under some jeans or over some skinny's..They are just perfect. My next goal is some new black pumps and brown boots.

Now, on to something new...

I am thinking about starting my own section on here for myself. Lately, I have been planning my meals for the week on Saturday and going shopping for all the items that day. I find it easier to make it through the grocery store faster and I feel as though I save money. So, I am going to called it Supper Schedule and post it every Saturday or Sunday. I just need to figure out how to make myself a cute little icon/button for it.
New Edit:
******New Button Done!*********
Photobucket


I will go ahead and fill you in on what's for supper this week!

{Saturday}
Trying a recipe I made up...
Take Cajun seasoned rice, add shrimp and scallions, and mix.
Black Bean and Corn mixture for the side
(I'll let you know how it goes...)

{Sunday}
Creamy Chicken and Dumplins
I got the recipe from KevinandAmanda

{Monday}
Hamburgers on the Grill
Zestie Fries

{Tuesday}
Potatoes in the Crock Pot
Chicken
Some sort of Vegetable from the cabinet

{Wednesday}
Leftover Night

{Thursday}
Chili

{Friday}
Breakfeast for Dinner
Sunny Side Up Eggs
Bacon
Biscuits

So, there you have it...This weeks menu all planned. I hope some of you can get some dinner ideas from this new fun post idea. I know I get tired of trying to come up with new ideas, so hopefully this will help. Can't wait to plan next week's meals.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah, i see u have leftover nites too...i call it on ur own...by the way, i will monitor ur dinner menus since i prepare dinners now...
g

October 9, 2010 at 3:14 PM  
Blogger Momma Rauwolf said...

I call it scrap night.

October 11, 2010 at 11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home