Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Best Mommy In the World

Tonight, I was having my weekly ritual. I finish up any last minute homework for the week, and then cuddle up to watch Brother's and Sister's while I sip on some Moscato wine. This is pretty much the only show I look forward to watching during the week since AFN does not get many selections. Also, I know I am quite behind everyone back at home since they are playing old episodes right now. However, they are not old to me...It's been awhile, but I am happy I get that time to myself at night.

Anyways, back to my point...The more and more I watch this show, the more it makes me miss Mommy. Nora Walker reminds me so much of her that its not even funny. Nora is comforting, harsh, loving, disappointed, great listener, nosy, and more. She does everything in her power to make sure her children are happy, and I think that is what makes a great mother. Everyone seems to think Nora might be a little too much into her children's lives, but what mother isn't? I would actually be kind of upset if my mother didn't want to know what's going on, wouldn't you?

Mom and I use to watch this show weekly, and now that I am not there, its a bit different. Now that Gregg and I are getting closer to our ETS date, the more and more I wish the time would fly by to get here so I can spend some time with her. I don't think anyone else I know has a relationship with their mother like I do. Mom and I always spent a lot of time together, and I always told her everything; maybe even some things that shouldn't even be said to a mother. No matter what though, mom always stood by with a listening ear. Grant it, I did get my conversations with her that ended up in her being disappointed or a little bit angry, but those are the moments that teach us how to live correctly.

I heard the market at the Agricenter just recently passed by this year, and I am jealous of all the girls that got to go with their mother's. I am also jealous of all the mother/daughter luncheons that are being held right now, and all the vino drinking/show watching nights that get to be spent with Mom.

So here is to Mom, my Mom, whom I am very grateful for. I love you and miss you so much. Can't wait to come home so I can see you again...

Latest picture of us taken together March 2010

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my!!! You made me cry here at school so early in the morning. Thanks a lot! I needed to hear that in so many ways you have no idea. Love and miss you too. We definitely need some mom and daughter time. It will be here soon. At least we know it is not years away now.

Love you so much, Mom

P.S.
Dad won't like this post, he hates that show and Sally Fields! LOL

October 4, 2010 at 8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home