Sunday, September 26, 2010

Time for a Catch Up!

Okay, so I know it has been awhile since I have given a good update, and honestly...I just don't remember what happened yesterday! So, I will try my best to let you know what has been going on.

As you all know, I am back at work with more hours than I want, but I guess it brings in more money. And school is still continuing with midterms coming up next week...eek!

Gregg got asked to be in one of the memorial's we had here in Vicenza to honor the four soldiers that were recently killed in Afghanistan. Don't worry, we didn't know any of them, but it still makes you kind of cringe at the thought of it happening. Gregg was a part of the firing squad (The soldiers that shot those three rounds at the end of the service). He asked me if I wanted to go, but I kindly refused and he respectfully understood. I have been to one military memorial in my lifetime and I seriously hope it will be my only. These things are just too darn hard to go through. Also, when Gregg asked, I responded with, "Babe, I'm sorry, but you are a part of the group I hate during memorials." The shots being fired are just a hard realization that its your final goodbye. But most of all, I do not have the strength when its time for roll call. It will literally bring tears to the strongest of eyes, and Gregg agrees with me.

It was cool to know that my husband got to be a part of something so special in the military community as well. He trained for it for a week, and he told me he did great when it was his time to act. He even got another coin to add to his collection. This one was from a 3 star...oh, I don't remember rank...oh well. We also got his Class A's all done with his NEW rank on them. Oh man, he looked good! I think this will actually be the last time I will ever see my husband in his Class A's ever again. Unless I talk him into taking me to the military ball in January (thats some tough persuading though).
Snapshot of him getting ready
My man in uniform...check out that rank; SGT Rauwolf!

I had the perfect day yesterday, and I would love to fill you guys in on it. I woke up bored to death, so I called up my best friend Justine and asked her if she and her little boy would like to walk a couple blocks to grab a kabob for lunch. The weather was just perfect; enough for jeans and a long sleeve shirt. The kabob was so ever delicious and Logan (Justine's son) got to eat his first kabob...oh, he loved it! After we got done eating, we decided a little shopping trip was a must. So, we walked back to our houses, and jumped into the car. We went to the "little" mall because the other one just get a little overwhelming with the crowds.
We put Logan on a ride, and he just didn't know what to think about it!
I happened to walk out with a couple long sleeves and this: Kiko Makeup!!
I have truly fallen in love with this stuff. It is the Italian version of Mac makeup, but better! It is made in Milan and truly has the coverage and feeling I need. The price is also really nice! I will have to stock up on this before I leave to move back to the states because I am starting to swear by it! This is the first time I have SPF in my foundation, and I am regretting not ever having it in other's before. I hope this stuff eventually makes its way to the states!
Also, one day I was watching the Dr. Oz show and they were talking about aging in your 30s, 40s, and 50s. It was a very interesting episode, and it definitely got me worried about wrinkles. I know its natural, but I still went out and bought anti-aging cream. I know, I know...I am still as young as can be and really don't need the stuff, but what could it hurt. I want to start early before anything starts forming on the face. I have used the stuff for two nights now, and I am really liking it. I like the time I give myself before I head to bed, and knowing that I have stuff working to keep me young is a plus.
Anyways, later that night after shopping, I came back and started cleaning the house. I noticed my friend Justine working hard on hers lately, so it got me motivated to clean mine. And this is not just a little walk through pick up...this is a deep clean!
After about two hours of cleaning, Gregg and I went out on a date. We went back to our same ole place; the waterwheel. At first, I was not happy we were going back to this place because I was just getting tired of the same ole stuff, but I actually enjoyed myself this time. I got something very different on the menu, and it was delicious! Later, we just came back to watch a movie...plain, but I love it!
Today, I have tried to finish the cleaning which is still no where near done. It seems like the more I clean, the more and more I want to clean more....this is good, right? Well anyways, now I am just trying to finish this math exam that is due in an hour and catching up with old friends. It has truly been an eventful weekend!


2 Comments:

Blogger Momma Rauwolf said...

Once you're back stateside there's always online purchase for your makeup.

September 26, 2010 at 5:28 PM  
Blogger wildernesswoman said...

Hi Amanda,
It's always nice to see your blog and pics. I'm living with a family of Vashinavas(Lovers of Vishnu)during this current road trip of mine and am interested in delicious(no eggs)veggie recipes from Italy if you do not mind sharing some with me.
@Momma Rauwolf, would like some recipes from you also-Thanks to both of you

September 28, 2010 at 12:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home