Saturday, October 2, 2010

A Little Distraction

I am on this thing to give myself a little bit of a distraction from my current to-do list item of the day: Midterms! Ugh! Today, I am working on my Social Psychology midterm and I am going up against some questions like: The major advantage of using the experimental as compared to methods such as survey and direct observation is that it allows you to detect causative relationships. Briefly show why this is the case. OR Give a specific example showing how the social world both constructs people though social interaction and at the same time is being constructed by that same interaction. The second part refers to how group norms are constantly being changed through the interactions of group members. Think about having to do about 15 of those kind of questions. Can we say boring?..eek.

So, what did I do today? I woke up just as my husband was going to sleep. I hate the different schedule thing because it truly messes with my head and I don't get a good night's rest. Sad thing is, he loves staying up all night while I like getting up early. I honestly do try and stay up some nights on the weekend, but always seem to crash around that midnight mark.

Our post here in Vicenza holds a case lot sale once or twice a year and this weekend was that time. So, I headed up there to stock up on some toilet paper, paper towels, and laundry detergent. I was excited to get all this stocked up so I won't have to worry about it for awhile....Wait, is it sad that I am excited abot stockign up on toilet paper? Something must be wrong here.

After that I headed to work. My shift was from 13:00 to 20:00...yep, thats 7 hours with some teens. Luckily, their homecoming game started at 13:00, so we locked up the center and watched their football game. I think it has been four years since I have last seen a high school football game. It was nice to be in that atmosphere with great weather all around me. Once the game was over, I had to head back to the center for a little less than 5 hours.

Once that was all done, I could finally come home. Tonight, I did something a little different on the dinner ritual. I made my own spicy sauce for chicken wings. It was a different kind of recipe, but it didn't taste bad. Like I have said in previous post, I have been wanting to try new things in the kitchen and I finally did. Hopefully this is the beginning of many more things.

Oh yea, and somewhere during the day...I did something I swore I would NEVER do. I gave in and got a Twitter account. Why, oh why did I do this? I just know some many people have it and get on it all the time. Many people even post things from their phones to the site. I am just very confised on how Twitter works though. I tried navigating through the site today, but gave up after about ten minutes. Also, I know some of you have your Twitter status's rolling along your blog page; how did you get that on there? Anyways, if you are on Twitter, you can find me by amandarauwolf.

Also, I have been debating the Christmas Card idea this year....Should I give in and send them out or just forget it? What are your ideas on Christmas cards?

Guess its back to midterms...ugh.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hold on a second...i have to tweet that i'm going to tweet...sorry i didn't tweet that i just used the restroom...oh wait...i think i will tweet that 'cause everyone i know wants to know what i do every second of the day.

g-

October 2, 2010 at 5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home