Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Catching Up from Awhile Ago: Nicole's Birthday Bash

Before, I got the call to go to Germany...I celebrated a girlfriend of mine's birthday. Her husband is deployed, so we wanted to make the day extra special. So, I uploaded quite few photos, and I will let those tell the story!

Nicole, an awesome chick, about to blow out the candles in the cake I baked for her.
We took a trip to a winery all of us have not been to before. This is the owner giving us a personal tour of the vineyard. He did a great job explaining it. He is one of the few with an organic vineyard.
The special trio enjoying our tour. We had to stop and get a photo next to the rows of vines.
The owner opening up the first of many wines for us to try. They all tasted lovely except for one.
Some of the grapes we passed. I picked this one to eat...it was pretty bitter. He said they usually don't start picking grapes until September.
All the girls eatign our lunch and drinking our wine. (This picture was taken with a timer)
Inside the cellar...I don't know if you can tell in this picture, but the walls are the ground...This cellar was built into the ground because the temperature is better for it that way.
The owner opening up the champagne for us to have when we sing Nicole happy birthday and eat cake!
All of us girls a little tipsy...hehe
Nicole about to open her gift from me! They were wine glasses; all her old ones got broken.
Later that night, we went downtown for dinner and some drinks! Nicole requested sushi and vodka passion shots! It was pretty fun!
Happy Birthday Nicole; I love you!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home