Sunday, August 22, 2010

It's Been Too Long

Whew! You have no idea how glad I am to finally be right back on track...well, almost; I still have a ton of laundry to do! But I guess I should I clue everyone in on what has been going on since the last time I left you with a post.

Gregg got sent to Germany from Afghanistan due to him being VERY sick. While he was there, he got a colonoscopy and had a few biopsies taken. The doctor there said it would take a while for his results to come in, so he might as well come back to Vicenza with me instead of being stuck in a hotel. So, thats where we are now...good ole home.

Right now, the doctors are saying he has acute colitis, but I don't even think they know what it truely is. We have heard so many things from: cancer to ulcer to IBS to acute colitis...its never ending. They haven't even given him any biotics...just pain pills.

Its a very frustrating process, but its nice to know he is home and I get to have my partner back! Most of the Army wives state they are upset all these husbands are coming back early, but its not as nice as many people may think. He has his days of outrageous pains and I don't know what to do. I am clueless to how he is feeling, and its hard.

I finished last session of school, and so happy it is finally over. The writing was just a bit rediculous, and the review I gave of the glass was nothing but complaints. Tomorrow, I start my math class and Social Psychology. I think I will have my work cut out for me again, but I want to get good grades..so I am going to be working hard the next ten weeks.

I finally start my vacation from work today as well, and can't be any happier! I need a break from that place. I'm not going to lie, I can't wait to be done here in Vicenza so I can quit. Only 7 more months to go, and I am outta here!

My friend Justine finally made it back here awhile ago. Its nice to know she is next door again, but its been hard juggling Gregg, school, work, and seeing her. I am sure she just thinks the worst of me because I have to keep turning her down on invites. Hopefully, in the next couple of days my routine will be back to normal and I will be able to hang out A LOT! So Justine, if you are reading...I am truely sorry!

Anyways, I think that wraps up everything without going on and on. I know how some people can't deal with all the rambling that goes on with blogs. I also noticed I don't have any pictures on this post. I have been bad and not taken any. I will get on that and hopefully have some up soon. Until next time, later!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the update amanda! hope you're feeling better as well. thinking of you and gregg :) considering what ya'll are going through, i know you are so so so happy he is home with you!
-maddie

August 30, 2010 at 8:35 AM  
Blogger Momma Rauwolf said...

So glad you're back up and blogging. Being so far away from you and Gregg is difficult to keep up. I at least get some updates on your posts. Love you guys. Hang in there things will be better soon.

August 31, 2010 at 10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home