Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Top 2 Tuesday: Favorite U.S. Cities



1. Gatlinburg, Tennessee

When I think of a place I would like to disappear to in the United States, it always ends with Gatlinburg. I have not been there since I was a little kid, but the memories still seem as strong as if I was there yesterday. I remember walking around the city seeing the mountain lifts moving, running around Dolly Wood with my siblings, eating at the delicious Apple Barn, and more. Last time I was there, I got to experience my little sister, Melissa, take her very first steps. I remember witnessing this with my mom in the lobby of the hotel we were staying at.

Gatlingburg seems like it would never get old with me because its such a beautiful, peaceful place. Also, there is so much you could experience there, it would never get old! I hope one day Gregg and I will be able to take a family trip there as well just like my parents took me and my siblings. And heck, it would be fun to go camping there one year as well.


2. San Francisco, California

I know this place is kind of random, but every now and then it pops into my head. I went to San Francisco twice in my lifetime. The first time was in November of 2007. I met up with some military girlfriends of mine for a week. The second time was for two days when Gregg and I had to drive from Washington State to Tennessee. This place reminds me of a great place to raise a family...I always think of Full House.

When I was there, I got to see the Bay Bridge, Monteray Bay Aquarium, walk along one of the ports, eat the best bagel I have ever experienced, and more. It was so much fun and so exciting! It was unlike any city I have ever been to before.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Great picks! Would love to visit Cali one day...

September 3, 2010 at 6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home