Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sunday Song

On this very quiet laid back Sunday, all I can really think about are the days Gregg and I would drive down the country roads from our Italian apartment in Barbarano blaring this song. It would always bring smiles to our faces, and joy to our hearts. Well, at least for me it did...I don't know about him, but it looked like it did.

A lot of Dean Martin's songs bring back memories for me. Especially the song That's Amore because my family use to love gathering the living room to watch Remember Me. It was the true Italian movie that will bring a smile, tears, and laughs into the room. It was a great Meatxas family night when that movie is played...wish I owned a copy.

Also, the song called Aint That A Kick in the Head reminds me of my mom. She introduced me to the movie called Fools Rush In, and I absolutely love that movie. Such a classic...also wish I owned. It was a great love movie because it had a happy, a sad, and a happy all over again. I can't stand the love movies that are complete love and thats about it. Every love story has some point in time when there is a challenge, and this movie gives off a true challenge. Its a must see!

So, I will leave you with Dean Martin singing Mambo Italiano...



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great movies and great music....again what a smart girl you are...love me some Dean Martin!!!

Love, Mom

July 19, 2010 at 7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home