Saturday, April 17, 2010

Ooh La La Paree...

BONJOUR!! I hope everyone is in good spirits because I sure am! As I told you guys before, I got the chance to go to Paris, France for work. We took 24 youth on this week long trip for their Spring Break. It was amazing, except for the weather. I thought Paris was going to be lame and some clique' place. However, I was completely wrong. Paris has the most beautiful buildings I have ever seen, and the people were friendly. It seems as though contractors actually took their time in figuring out how a building should look like, and it truly was romantic. The weather, however, was cold and wet. I did not have warm enough clothes, and was having a hard time enjoying being outside.

On the first day, we toured the city of Paris. I think this was my favorite day! I love to walk around and see old buildings even though everyone else seems quite bored of this activity. I was completely in my moment. I just wish my pictures turned out better than what they are due to the weather.
Happy I saw the Headquarters for Louis Vuitton
We saw the Arc de Triomphe
If you actually pay the money to go own top..You can see that the traffic circle and the roads make a star which I thought was pretty cool.
The North Pillar was the Pillar I took to go up the Eiffel Tower
Me and one youth, Torri, holding on for dear life as we go up the Eiffel Tower
Me on the second level of the Eiffel Tower looking out into the city. I was too scared to go up to the very very top!
A picture overlooking the city
An artistic picture of the Eiffel Tower that will be photoshopped and printed out for wall art in the house.
Me with the Eiffel Tower in the background
I absolutely loved how the buildings looked in Italy. These are definately loved by any girl. There is so much detail and I could not stop staring. I also loved how all the balconies had rod iron, and the doors were huge with a big knob.
Pyramide du Louvre
This place houses the original Mona Lisa.
Of course, we made it to Euro Disney. And let me tell you, the parade they had here was much better than the one in the states! I am so glad I decided to go back and watch it! However, the states has better landscaping.
I had to get a picture of Ratatouille since I was in France! Too bad I couldn't be in the picture with him.
We also drove to Normandy, France to look at the American Memorial there. It was gorgeous, and France did a great job of making it look nice. I was very impressed with al of the history and artifacts this place housed.

Anyways, there are a COUPLE of pictures from my time in Paris, France. I had tons of fun with some teens, and I can't wait to spend more time with them in the center. I can't believe I left Paris because it was so beautiful and I would have loved to spend more time there...especially with my hubby. If I ever make it there again, he will be with me, and I would go see the light show at the Eiffel Tower. I hope many of you decide to make your own trip to Paris soon!
Now, I need to go do some school work that I missed while I was gone. I have A's in both classes so far, and I intend to keep them that way. Until next time, later.
"Bounjour...merci. Bounjour...merci. Bonjour...merci. Bounjour...merci."
Can anyone guess the movie?

Signature

4 Comments:

Blogger Momma Rauwolf said...

OMG, these pics are great. Definitely made me want to take a trip to Paris. Maybe one of these days before I'm too old to appreciate it and have fun. Love You.

April 18, 2010 at 3:22 PM  
Anonymous Maddie said...

is the movie "just married"??

April 22, 2010 at 8:21 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Yep, its Just Married..lol

April 23, 2010 at 2:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this vacation spot was approved by amanda...

g-

April 25, 2010 at 9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home