Sunday, January 17, 2010

I Got Some Love From Texas!

Thanks to Jessica from Love From Texas, I got nominated for two awards, and it difintely brightened my day to see that I was thought about. I will go over each of them so you can understand the concept of the awards.





So, I know you can read that this is the "Beautiful Blogger Award." Every girl would love to be nominated for this award because who doesn't want to be told they are beautiful. I know my cheeks get a little rosy when I get that comment. I have not gotten a beautiful comment in many years though so it was nice to have that said. Thanks Jessica for nominating me for this award. You truely are amazing! There is a game that goes a long with this award and here are the rules.

Rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award. (Check!)
2. Copy the award and place it on your blog. (Check!)
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award. (Check!)
4. List 7 interesting things about yourself.
5. Nominate 7 bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 bloggers you nominate.
{1} I got to move to Italy with my husband due to his job.
Being in the Army does have its benefits, but it is also very miserable at the same time. Horrible, like my husband has deployments where we miss a year together every now and then, and a lot of times he has to work a 13 hour day or more which causes a very grumpy tired husband. However, being in the military with my husband, I got to come to Italy and experience a whole different lifestyle.
{2} I danced for 15 years and loved it.
Yes, I did. I danced for fifteen years, and I loved every minute of it. I would definitely say I miss it, and would go back to it in a heart beat if I had the opportunity. However, I would only go back if my old studio reopenned or a past teacher/dancer openned another studio. M dance studying consisted of tap, jazz, and ballet.
{3} My pinky toe is abnormally small.
I guess this an interesting fact about me considering that my husband likes to tell me this every now and then. I think my toes look just fine considering my foot is a size 6. Gregg thinks my pinky toe is way too small, and kind of creepy.
{4} I have a strong obsession with the colors gray and dark purple.
My wedding registry consisted of all gray pretty much, and I really don't understand why I like it so much. As I started to decorate even more, deep purple has ventured its way into the house. So now, I am concentrating on my bedroom colors to be gray and deep purple. I love it!
{5} I went to an all girl Catholic High School and graduated with a class of 52.
For some reason, everyone finds this fact very interesting. I loved it though and would not change it...Well, maybe 1% of me would have changed it because I hated the administration starting my sophomore year. I loved not having to get up early to get all fancy, and I loved the close friendships I created. I was also able to hold a lot of leadership positions since I was in a small school.
{6} I won Miss IC at my senior prom.
I never thought in a million years I would actually be holding this honor for my senior class, but I am very happy and blessed to have it. I am not going to lie, I secretly wanted it, but when they called my name, I was shocked. I am so thankful to have peers from all classes back me up in helping out the school in so many ways.
{7} I am a big wine-o.
Being in Italy, my job is to try as many different wines as possible. I have come to love dry and sweet wine. My top favorite list consists of 5 wines and the list just keeps getting longer. I also try and keep as many corks from the wine bottles as possible. I have a bowl filled with them in there and they make for a great decoration filler.


Jessica from Love From Texas also nominated me for this award and I am thankful once again. The Happy 101 award is to thank the wonderful bloggers that make you happy! The game that goes along with this award is something I have done before, so I am just going to recycle from an old post.
Here are the rules:
List 10 things that make you happy.
(try to do one of those things TODAY!)
Tag 10 bloggers that brighten your day.
Make sure to link back to the person that tagged you!

{1} Greggory Ryan Rauwolf
He is my best friend and the love of my life. Gregg is always behind me pushing me to do my best, and I look upto him because he has accomplished so much in life. I love when I come home from work, and he greets me with the biggest smile, and says, "Hey Babe! How was your day?" It just makes all the bad things that happened that day go away, and I am left happy.
Gregg and I on 4th of July 2009


{2} Jack

I am always happy when my puppy Jack crawls into bed and snuggles with me after Gregg leaves in the morning for work.


Jack and I at Lake Garda


{3}Curling up on the couch with my pajamas AND fuzzy socks on, and watching a movie.

{4}Finding a REALLY GOOD book to read.
I am always so happy when I find a book that I can not put down. Its funny sometimes, I stop reading, get in the bed with the lights off, and then find myself ten minutes later turning back on the lights and openning the book only to read more.

{5} Being able to dress up!
Yes, I do love it every once in awhile. I would not be happy if my job required me to wear dress pants/skirts everyday. However, I do get happy when I have the chance to do it every once in awhile.


Gregg and I at the Batallion Ball this year.


{6} Being able to experience different cultures.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE being in Italy. Gregg could tell you differently, but I am happier here. It is so much more quiet. I always want to try different cities. I am happy to wake up in my tiny Italian apartment, and look out seeing my old neighbors walk or ride their bike to the super market just down the street.

In downtown Vicenza, Italy


{7} Getting Mail.
Yes, sad I know. However, I do get happy when I see something in my mailbox. Don't tell my husband, but sometimes I order small things on Amazon just to have something show up in my mailbox, so I can get the giddy feeling inside (Next is, The movie Because I Said So...only $4). So, send on the letters, cards, packages, etc....It really does make me happy! : )

{8} Buying candles to fit the holiday season.
Yep, this has become a favorite of mine. So far I have Sweet Pea Garden for Easter Time, Pumpkin Spice for Fall/Thanksgiving, and Mistle Toe for Christmas Time. I get happy when I can come into a room and feel the holiday season in my house.

{9}10 Second Kisses
Oh yes, these are a must to make me HAPPY! I love when my hubby comes over and just lays one of those REAL kisses on me out of the blue. I get those butterfly giddy lovey dovey feelings!

{10} Taking Vacations
I always feel spontaneous when I go on vacations because I feel like you should not be having that much fun. You should be in an office working...But yes, I love that guilty feeling of having fun...its like the evil happy coming out...lol.


Cliff Diving in Croatia
Here go my tags!:

Childhood friend/classmate Jessica at Love From Texas
Army wife friend Dana at Here Comes The Sun
Army Wife friend Kristin at Our Little Miracle
Aunt Kelly at SouthernBelle (update your blog)
Friend/Mentor Jana at Two Y's and a X
Childhood friend/classmate Jennifer at The Marsh Family [to be]
okay, thats enough..I am tired and I don't have that many blogger friends. But one last thanks to Jessica for nominating me for these two awards!




Signature

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sweet....lots going on for ya...

g

January 20, 2010 at 3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home