Tuesday, January 12, 2010

2nd Challenge Down...49 More To Go!

Okay, so remember when I told you guys about my friend Dana and my new cooking/baking challenge! Well, we did our second challenge on Sunday night. First we picked our recipe: Rachel Ray's Eggplant Parmesan Bread Pizza..with a few substitutions. We then went to the commissary to gather all of our ingredients..However, being the commissary as it is...They were out of EVERYTHING! Everyone knows not to shop on Sundays. The commissary is always closed on Mondays because it is the restocking day. But we couldn't wait because the only time my schedule allows is to do the cooking on the weekend! So, we had to substitute the tiny tomatoes for big ones, both cheeses for different ones, the bread was different, and we added mushrooms! Well, here are pictures!



We also did another cake, and my self control got a 100% if you were putting a grade on it! We made homemade foundant this time, and even though it was harder to work with, it turned out amazing!! I took pictures of the process, but my camera did a horrible job in capturing the true color of the foundant. The main color is tourqouise, and the accent is deep purple. I think I am also a little crazy for circles...lol. Dana and I are really trying to find some different shape cookie cutters to make different designs...wish us luck in finding them! Anyways, here are the pictures. Enjoy! Oh, and everyone go enjoy some kind of dessert for me! Thanks!





Signature

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yummy.....and the cake looks cool too....

g

January 12, 2010 at 9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home