Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A Good Day Gone Sucky

This post is more of a therapuetic post than anything else, so it is probably not going to be interesting. You can either stay and listen to me go on about things fluttering around in my head, or turn around and check back later when something fun and new has arrived.

Today started off great, I actually got up and went to my very first Yoga class. I was nervous about going, but proud of my self determination to enter the room, pull out my mat, and start. The main reason I went is because a co-worker teaches the class, and she pretty much talked me into the idea. I took a yoga class in high school, but when I compare it to today's, it has nothing on it. Today's Yoga Class was comforting, challenging, and fulfilling all in one. I also came to find that my flexibility I use to have when I danced does not house itself in my body anymore...which stinks horribly. Thats alright though, I just need to set some time every other night to give my self a good stretch. I can't wait until the next class to challenge my body to go a little further. So, I am totally welcoming this new hobby in with welcome arms...And, who knows, I might just try out Zumba and Body Pump while I am at it!

After going through my Class, I was able to grab a cappuccino/orange juice with a friend and it was so nice to be able to sit and chat for about 45 minutes and enjoy the Italian view. I seriously would love to stay in Italy or move to Germany forever. A lot of people hate it because there is no convenience, but I absolutely love it because it lets me appreciate life more and more. I will honestly say, I will be very sad when Gregg and my orders over here end.

So, I went to work feeling like I have accomplished a lot in my morning when really I didn't. I was just able to welcome the day a lot easier than normal. Work was great too, I played some Rock Band, taught a few kids how to make 7 Layer Dip, and played ping pong and Dance Dance Revolution. I also had another co-worker/friend come back from the states and it was so nice catching up with her and listening to what she did while she was home. I can't wait to go home and get a little bit of love from my family. But back to work...All in all, it was a great work day, and it went by very fast which I loved!!!

When I got home, thats when my day decided to turn. As soon as I got home, I heard the show American Idol start its theme sound and my heart just sunk. American Idol is Gregg and I's favorite show as a couple to watch. I usually come home, we both make dinner, and we listen to each singer trying to give our opionions before the judges...We compete to see whose opinions are closest to the judges. Last American Idol, Gregg was all over Adam Lambert and I told him Chris was going to win...And look who was right, the wife! My heart was in pain because Gregg is not able to be here and watch it. If I could go back in time right now, it would be one night when Gregg and I were both sitting on opposite ends of the couch watching American Idol and giving each other foot massages...Well, more me giving the massage. Gregg only rubs mine lightly because it hurts me if he pushes. And, we will play argue on which singer is the best and which ice cream flavor we should pull out of the freezer. Oh, I miss him so much. I still have not even gotten out of the 3 hundreds yet. As of today, we still have 334 days left of this deployment. And, to top it off, my house is a wreck and I am starting to get frustrated by it. I am just not home long enough anymore to keep it clean. I wish Gregg was here to help me. He wasn't the best cleaner, but it would always make it more fun with him following me on my heels tearing paper towel strips for me. So, my days are jam packed, thats not the problem. I just wish I was able to call Gregg up, and tell him about my days. It sucks sometimes coming home and not having anyone to talk to. And, its not the same to talk to my computer or Jack because they can't talk back in a human voice. Anyways, I am going to cut this off now before I go on any longer. I am going to go put in Bedtime Stories with Adam Sandler and fall asleep. Hope everyone had a great day! Until next time, later!

Signature

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like a good day to me....so from what you wrote, i guess you can't squat and twist yourself to make your back pop any more....welcome to the club...

g

January 13, 2010 at 9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home