Thursday, December 24, 2009

Update

Okay, so quite a bit of stuff has gone on this past week. You guys all saw in previous pictures that it started to snow here in Italy. We ended up getting a lot more and were snowed in for a couple of days. I loved looking at it, but getting out in it caused me to have a break down. On Monday night, I helped my friend Justine transport luggage from her house to the hotel on post to get ready to catch the shuttle to the airport. On the way there, the traffic was bumper to bumper and going no faster than 10 mph. As soon as I got off of my street, the Sentra began to slide tremindously. There was no way I could turn around due to traffic, so my goal was to just make it to post. Half way to post, my brake light came on, but that has happened before so I told myself to just it easy and go super super slow...So, I did. I finally got post, but on my way to the hotel, the brakes went out completely and I slid right into traffic, but remembering the tips I got emailed to me, I controlled the steering wheel and took my foot off the gas. So, right now, its parked on post, and I am so scared to get back in it. Once the holidays calm down, I am going to have someone come look at it. I balled my eyes out to Justine when we were at the hotel, I felt so bad for having my first break down since Gregg left the night before she left. The car was the straw that broke the camels back. I was stressed with the car ride, Justine was leaving, and I hadn't heard from Gregg since he had left. However, Justine being there helped calm me down, and I was better by the end of the night.




The snow is starting to melt, and I seem to be the only one in Italy happy about it. However, it keeps raining and it makes it super cold. Justine has left Italy and is on her way to Idaho, and I am doing okay so far. Lets see how Christmas goes, and then we can reevaluate. I have been busy getting stuff mailed for her, and working. I finally bought a DVD player and I set it up in the bedroom with the TV so I can fall asleep to movies. It makes the security issue a bit easier.

I have got to talk to Gregg twice now (only through instant message though). He is now in the place he will be stationed at for the rest of the deployment. He is very cramped because the people they are relieving have not left yet, and he can't wait to have room to breathe. He said it gets warm during the day (about 60 degrees) and cold at night (about 10 degrees). Today he mentioned he was very bored, and was over the whole movie watching and reading thing. So please, family and friends, send him little activities here and there. Also, send letters, letters, and more letters!!! He needs as many as he can get because he says he loves receiving them. Nothing else to mention because I don't want to bore you with all the lovey dovey stuff. lol.

I have also started working out, and last night I did a full hour and I am pretty proud of myself. I did 10 minutes of fast pace walking on the treadmil, 30 minutes on the eliptical, and 30 minutes on the bike...I started to read and got way into it that I forgot what I was doing. Gregg was proud of me, but apparently I am suppose to burn the first two weeks, and I am not. So, if you guys can think of more intense things for me to do, let me know.

Tonight, I went to see the movie Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs with Dana and her baby boy Jericho. It was a really cute kids movie and worth it for parents to purchase. I love hanging with them because we have a good time and I never look at the clock. This weekend we are doing are dinner and a movie marathon...And this weekend, its Chicken Alfredo and The Hangover!

Anyways, nothing else is knew. I am trying to make the blog as interesting as possible, but its hard with Gregg away. He is so much fun, and I get boring with him away. Until next time, later!


Signature

3 Comments:

Blogger Momma Rauwolf said...

Sorry to hear about the car situation. Glad you're ok, I can imagine it was frightening. The blog isn't boring at all. Hang in there kiddo. We love you so much.

December 24, 2009 at 1:21 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Aw, I hate to hear about your car! At least you didn't have a wreck. Is it fixed yet? How are you getting around? YOur posts are not boring. Like I told you last night, it is news to us and we enjoy it!

Kelly

December 28, 2009 at 2:23 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

I am going to try and fix it this week. Lately, I have just been borrowing my friends car, and getting rides.

December 28, 2009 at 2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home