Monday, January 3, 2011

Over The Holidays

Gregg and I had a very laid back holiday season. Since Gregg had staff duty for 24 hours starting on Christmas Eve, we had to make a schedule for how things would work out.
The night before Santa came, I made Gregg's famous Spaghetti meal, packed it up, and headed to staff duty to hang out there for dinner. No spouse is allowed to hang out at staff duty, but considering it was Christmas Eve, I didn't care if we would get in trouble. We sent hours just goofing off and then around midnight, I went home to start baking my cheesecake from scratch (whew...will never do that again!) and the deviled eggs. I don't think I actually made it to bed until 3 in the morning.
I picked up Gregg at nine the next morning and it was straight off to bed for him while I did the last minute preperations of food. Five hours later, it was time to head over to the besties to have dinner. Instead of having the traditional ham, mashed potatoes, etc.; we had baby back ribs, salad, and cheesy potatoes. It sure was yummy! Gregg and I got homemade fudge, a holiday pot to hold all my cooking utensils, and popcorn from Taylor and Justine. We ended the night over there with a fun game of Cranium.
Later, we came back home to do our own little Christmas celebration. We openned the bajillion presents we had under the tree, and man oh man did Gregg get spoiled this year!
Gregg got:
Watch
Wallet
3 month subscription to Xbox Live
$80.00 worth of WoW Gold
Frank Caliendo DVD
Car Cleaning Kit for his New Car
3 Hats: Carona, Dallas Cowboys, Puma
Computer Chair
Some Kind of Tool Set that makes Screw Holes
Thermos You Can Keep Warm in the Car
$50.00 giftcard to Home Depot
and more....
Gregg could not get ONE decent picture of me openning my gifts...this is as good as it gets.

I got:

A ton of scrapbooking stuff
A ton of new clothes from Forever 21
Makeup from Kiko
$50.00 giftcard to Home Depot
Wristlet
Keychain
Frame for All Gregg's Medals
CDs


After present openning, we decided to Skype both the families. It was nice to not have a time limit where we had to be somewhere. We could just sit back and enjoy a fun, casual conversation. I don't think finished our Christmas celebration until about one in the morning...man, we were pooped!

Now, on to New Year's...

Oh, and look and see what happens AGAIN; Gregg has to work another 24 hour shift on New Year's Eve. So, I spent the night up at staff duty again eating pizza and watching movies. Unfortunately, I could not stay awake on this night, so Gregg and I celebrated midnight at 11:04. It was not everyone's happy ever after, but it was OUR happy ever after to the year.

And, just like all New Year's go, the resolutions start to be written. I wrote mine out and I am going to share them with you:


1. I would like to get pictures taken of Gregg and I. Last time we got professional pictures taken was our wedding day, and even though I love them, I would just absolutely adore some more casual ones.



2. I would like to go on another vacation with Gregg and another one with my family. I always have the best time on trips with Gregg and I was always at my highest peak of enjoyment with my family.

3. I would like to finish school this year. I feel like I have been in school forever, and it would be nice to say I am done this year. So, I am going to take on as much as I can without feel overwhelmed.

4. Drink as much wine as possible. Hey, I am in Italy...might as well enjoy it while it lasts. Also, I love sharing a glass with the hubby at night while settling down.
5. Take More Pictures! This one is always on my resolution list. I am always nervous to pull out the camera and look like the dork with the camera, but I think one can never have enough pictures!

6. Keep the House Clean More. Oh wow, do I need to work on this. I have gotten very lazy when it comes to household chores. I am always so embarresed when people walk in and see what the house looks like. So, I am going to be getting the rubber gloves, sponges, and cleanign supplies out more.

7. Be sure to Keep A Work Out Plan. Enough Said.

8. Keep My Car Clean. My car is always a disaster, so I want to make sure my car does not look like my closet anymore. This will be a lot easier once I get my Trail Blazer back and won't have to share it with the hubby.

There we go! I just hope I can keep all these resolutions going throughout the year and longer!




3 Comments:

Blogger wildernesswoman said...

I love reading your posts!!!! Concerning getting casual adorable pictures of you and Gregg. Look up ModelMayhem or ModelURL or other such sites,and find photographers in your area, willing to do time for print/cd. Both you and the photographers get the photos and it does not cost a dime for you. Just make sure that the photographer understands you want pictures ready for gifting and posting. You may have to sign a model release.

January 7, 2011 at 9:19 AM  
Blogger Rachel L. said...

Dorks are the ones without the camera! If you are crafty, make a cute camera strap, if indeed, you have a camera with this type of strap. Here's the like to the tutorial.http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/crafts-projects/make-a-ruffled-camera-strap-slipcover.html

Good luck!

January 11, 2011 at 9:18 PM  
Blogger New Girl on Post said...

I used to be afraid to pull out the camera and take pictures, but you really just have to make yourself and it'll get easier. Plus you don't want to miss out on capturing all those memories.

I'm not sure if you're interested or how long you guys are going to be here, but I'd love to take some pictures of you guys to build up my portfolio. I'd just need you to sign a model's release so I can use your images later on. If you're going to be around in the spring that'd probably be a better time then now to take them. I took some pics of Dana and Jericho if you want some to look at for reference.:)

January 17, 2011 at 8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home