Friday, November 26, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

I would have to say that this Thanksgiving most definitely topped last year's. We had a very small dinner with our favorite couple friend's, Justine and Taylor. By hving it this way, I got to concentrate a lot more on the details rather than making sure I had enough food to feed 16 people. It was a very relaxing day, and I would not change one thing!

Here is my 17 pound Turkey ready to be cooked...injected with Garlic and Herb, oh yum!
I moved the table into the living room so we could have a bit more room to move around.
I was so excited that I got to use my dishes all set up and pretty like. I used my wine glass charms I got from my Aunt Kelly last year. Each charm had a city from Italy on them. My city was Firenze, "Florence."
Gregg reading up on how to cut a Turkey; he HAS to do it every year.
There he goes....you cut that Turkey, babe.

Gregg and I woke up the this morning to it snowing outside. It was falling pretty hard and went on for quite awhile. We ended up with about 3 inches; then, it started raining and began to melt. Here are a few pictures....

I would love to have the picture above and below blown up and framed. Too pretty!
A look down our street...

Gorgeous!....again, a framer.
Today, I also put up all my Christmas decorations. I would post pictures, but I am still waiting on Gregg to put the star on the tree (Again, his job). So, once that is up, I will post those. I got all Gregg's Christmas presents in the mail this past week, so I am happy to say that I am officially done. YAY! Now, I am just watching movie after movie while drinking Gingerbread flavored coffee...yum.
I hope everyone is enjoying their long weekend! Happy Holidays!


6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did I hear you say coffee...finally a daughter to drink coffee with even if it is gingerbread flavored.

Yeah!
Love, Mom

November 26, 2010 at 10:41 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Yep, I am KIND OF a coffee drinker. I LOVE my cappucino's better, but I don't have the equipment to make those at home...so, coffee it is.

November 27, 2010 at 4:04 AM  
Blogger Sarah @ Scissors and a Whisk said...

I LOVE the photos you took! They're beautiful. I'm so excited to begin putting out my Christmas decorations, but I'm still workin' on some of them! hehehe. :)

November 27, 2010 at 1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful pics...i feel warm all over just looking at them.

November 28, 2010 at 11:30 AM  
Blogger raquel miranda said...

your thanksgiving table looked wonderful! you give me housewife aspirations.

November 29, 2010 at 9:31 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Yay! I got mentioned in your blog! I'm glad you were able to use your wine charms! Your table looked beautiful.

November 30, 2010 at 3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home