Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Some Gloomy Days in Italy

Update: I bought a headband this past weekend, and I think I am going to wear it out tomorrow. Hopefully, I can snap a picture for you guys so I can see what you think.

This past weekend and the beginning of this week have been very hard for me. Its about time I am in the same city as my family. I woke up two nights ago crying because I needed them more than ever. In the past, I took full advantage of family love and I am ready to have those arms around me again. Gregg says all the time that he wishes we could leave Italy right this second because he can tell I am starting to get very homesick.

The weather here is very gloomy. I use to think Memphis weather was bad, but man was I wrong. It rains two days and then is dark and foggy, and back to raining two days and then dark and foggy. Its an endless cycle to where I just want to stay at home and drink apple cider all day while watching Christmas movies....I guess you could say I am in a funk...ugh!

On a brighter note, I finally finished my Christmas tree and I couldn't be any more happier about how it looks. It took about three re-do's but is totally worth it! Take a look:





2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah @ Scissors and a Whisk said...

Wow, your tree looks totally beautiful! Great job :)

December 8, 2010 at 12:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww we miss you terribly too dear!!! Won't be long now...keep moving forward and it will be here before you know it! Glad to know you love us so much and that we are missed. Movies and cider don't sound so bad. Wish I had time to do that. Need you here to do it with, no one around here is interested in doing that. We will celebrate big next year!!!! Love, Mom

December 8, 2010 at 8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home