Thursday, November 18, 2010

Just Around the Corner

Next week holds the wonderful holiday of Thanksgiving. When I think of Thankgiving, I always think of my brother, Chris because it happened to be his FAVORITE holiday of the year. He always talked about the delicious food he would be eating and said it wouldn't hurt to have Thanksgiving a couple times during the year.

This year, Gregg and I will be having a very SMALL Thanksgiving dinner this year. Last year, we had a whopping 16 guests, and I just can't do that again. Whew...

We will be having Thanksgiving with our closest friend's, Justine and Taylor. Soon we will be seperating our friendship between multiple states, so we want to make the holiday's as intimate as possible this year. Therefore, Justine and I have been going over menu's and recipes like crazy and I think we have finally come up with an end to our madness. So, this is our menu...

Appetizer
Cheese
Pickles
Deviled Eggs
Sausage


Main Meal
Turkey
Stuffing
Mashed Potatoes
Green Bean Casserole
Cranberry Sauce
Gravy
Rolls


Dessert
Pumpkin Pie

I also cant wait to set my table with all my nice place settings and table decorations. I will have to take multiple pictures of this occasion, and of course...Gregg will be cutting the Turkey once again.
I have also started my cleaning for the big occasion. I just have to make sure I stay on task and avoid any party ideas for the weekend. Our house always has guests over every weekend, and I can't ever seem to completely clean up after them because I know it will just be wrecked all over again.

I do have some great recipes for the Turkey, Green Bean Casserole, and Stuffing this year if anyone would like to know about them. If you do, just leave me a comment and I will PM you. I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving this year and thank you again for all you have done for me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hummmm...looks exactly like my menu for thanksgiving...

November 19, 2010 at 6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home