Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Take With A Grain of Salt

Recently, I entered into a photo contest here in Vicenza, and this is the photo I entered. It is my favorite that I took during my trip to Lucca, Italy. I went as a 22nd birthday present to myself.


On Monday, I met up with my friend Dana, at Here Comes the Sun, for a morning manicure. I needed one desperately, and we both realized it has been about a year since our last. I enjoyed every bit of hanging out with Dana. We went awhile without seeing each other, and I missed her. I was thrilled when I got that text message from her asking me to join her. I hope this is a constant thing we would be able to do together.

I have also been busy putting the last minute touches on Christmas things. I have my last package to send out tomorrow, and after that...it's relaxing time. I can't wait.

...........................................................................................

Gregg and my time in Italy is coming close to an end, and as I look back it seems like its been such a thrilling time. I enjoyed myself throughout the years and I think it was the perfect foundation for Gregg and I's first years of marriage together. However, Iwas talking with a friend the other day, and there is one thing I will leave Italy upset with...Now, I use this blog sometimes as my venting source and that's what I am going to do now. Please take this information as a grain of salt. I don't want sorry's, I don't want pay backs, I just want you to know. So, here it goes...

Gregg and I have been living in Italy for quite awhile, and during that time we have asked family and friends to join us over here for a visit at any time. Many people have said they are going to come visit, but it never happened. And yes, mine and Gregg's feelings were hurt. I understand many can not afford a vacation and that's okay, but don't say you are going to come and then don't. Also, I wish people would have realized that us being here was the perfect time to take advantage of going to Europe. If you came while we were here, you would of had a free place to sleep, free transportation, and free meals....How good is that?

I just wish I was able to show the people I love how Gregg and I spend our days and nights here in Vicenza. I wish people could experience the customs and traditions that are being done over here. I just wish people would want to see me. Oh well...

...........................................................................

School has been going very well for me this term, and I can't be any happier about it. It's about time I have some classes that through me a little bit of slack. Next week are midterms, and I think I am ready to hit the ground running.

Gregg has been sick these past few days, so I have been busy babying taking care of him. He has been cute saying my hands are magic when I give him head massages and wanting to cuddle 24/7. He hasn't been able to sleep these past few nights because of it, so I am hoping it leaves this house soon.

This weekend is date night, and I am looking forward to it so much! We are doing dinner and a movie. We have not been able to go out with just the two of us in awhile...so happy :)

Nothing else new...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

breath deep amanda and count to ten.

December 1, 2010 at 6:59 PM  
Blogger Love from Texas said...

i totally get you on the family visitors thing. everytime we go back home my bro and sisinlaw are like - yeah we wanna take a trip to come see you maybe next month... has never happened. money is always "tight" yet they can still manage to get to vegas several times and destination weddings of friends every other month... ugh. i'm like you. just don't say you're gonna come!

December 1, 2010 at 10:12 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

Same here.....only most of those I know are poster, established and have lots of money. Some visit and e love it. Others could careless.
Makes me sad.

December 2, 2010 at 1:31 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

Older, I meant.

December 2, 2010 at 1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home