Tuesday, January 11, 2011

It All Starts With the Sink

For some reason, my least favorite task in household cleaning is the kitchen. It is a place that has never really been in perfect standards and everyone knows it. I know the dishes in the sink need to be cleaned, but when I go in there and look at the task, surfing the internet just seems so much more interesting. Therefore, the dishes get neglected for another day, and this routine happens a couple times throughout the week before I just get embarressed. So, when I finally go in, the task is triple its size than if I just did it every night. Well, two nights ago, I went in and deep cleaned the kitchen. It looks so much nicer, and I feel better.


And no matter what, just a clean sink (who cares if I moved the dishes onto the table) can make my day so much more productive! I absolutely LOVE a clean sink!




So, now that my sink is clean, I have the motivation to clean a bit more around the house. However, I have bumped into a cleaning confusion state. Being in Italy has made it a lot harder to keep things as clean as you would in the states. (No wonder I always see Italians cleaning)



Okay, so I guess my shower does not have that great of a drain compared to the drains you see in the states, but everytime I shower there becomes a brown soap scum build up right around it. No matter how much I run the water until I don't see soap bubbles and how much I comet the area, it always comes back the next time I shower. UGH, its disgusting. I thought comet would be the best cleaning material to use and I was hoping not to see it until about 5 showers later, but jeez...it comes back everytime I shower!



And since I am on a cleaning spree this weekend, why not catch up on all my laundry? Yea, so thats what I did. I didn't stop at two loads or 4 loads; I did a whopping 7 loads of laundry and tackled it all! Before I started all this laundry though, I have come to the conclusion that I can not smell the freshness and cleanliness of my clothes anymore. My nose has gotten use to the wonderful smell and it seems like all I get now is the smell of the heat coming from the dryer. So, I went out and bought a fabric softener and have fell IN LOVE!


Okay all must done with my cleaning talk; I have to tell you one more thing! I use to use the Windex that was pink...I think it was Berry Burst or something like that, but the commissary does not sell it anymore. So, I went for the Windex all surface cleaner with Vinegar....O.M.G. its amazing. I use it on just about everything I feel like it just lefts layers of gunk that would not come off with other cleaners I have used in the past.





I think my next project is going to be the guest bedroom which has kinda become our storage room when we are too lazy to walk downstairs to the garage, haha. There are probably a lot of things in there that we just need to toss, so hopefully I can find that motivation tonight.


And of course, I did not get paid to write this post. I just decided it would be fun to post some things I happen to love right now.




1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's what the flylady says...it all starts with a shiny sink!!!!

Mom

January 12, 2011 at 4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home