Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Let It Rain!

In the past couple of days, I have been at home sitting on my bottom doing absolutely nothing. I guess it could have been a great chance for me to blog, but I was up for doing NOTHING! The reason for sitting at home was the flood that decided to pass through Vicenza city. We looked like Venice going under what; it was crazy!

The post was closed on Monday and Tuesday due to the roads being blocked and no one able to get through. Today, my boss decided to give all his employee's the day off (What a guy!) I couldn't believe the text when it said "enjoy your day!"

The streets were insane at the beginning of the week. Italians were busy putting up walls at bridges to keep water from flowing over. There aren't sewer's here, so the water has no where to go except the ground or the air. Here is a video to show how bad it was...in the video, the area is about 5 minutes from my house.



So, on my comp day, I thought it would be the perfect day to do some Christmas shopping. My best friend Justine and I were out and about all day long trying to choose the perfect gifts for everyone. I think I am about 3/4 into the buying...Yay, almost done! I have noticed Gregg hasn't done anything though...I am getting kind of nervous about this. For gifts, he always manages to raid the PX for my gifts, and as much as I love him for getting me things....I don't want anything from the PX! Everything I want this year is either at the Italian mall or online. Those two are places that he just can't handle. I wish someone could help him...

My goal is to try and get everyone's gifts bought, wrapped, and shipped by Thanksgiving. I did such a horrible job last year, so I want to make everything up this year. Gregg was deploying around Christmas, so gifts were not on my mind.

Gregg is on staff duty tonight, so I am having ME time and enjoying it very much. I get to curl up on the couch, watching Dancing With The Stars, and catching up on some organization. This might all be so boring to some people, but I love it! Now, I need to get on my homework so I can pass my classes. Until next time, later.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home