Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Can You Ever Be Debt Free?

This is going to be more of a venting post more than anything..sorry about that. First off, school has finally kicked me in the butt. I know you have heard me complain about school before, but it has officially gone way over my head. I think its because I have gone nonstop since January. I start two classes, go for ten weeks, and then start right into two new classes. I don't even get a week worth of a break..no summer break as well. The classes I am taking right now is Algebra and Social Psychology. You want to know the sad part? I am doing better in Social Pscyhology than I am in Algebra. I have not taken a math class in about 4 years and it seems like I have forgotten everything. Luckily, Gregg was able to help me somewhat on some homework I had due this past Sunday. In Social Psychology, I have no clue whats going on; however, I seem to ramble on about stuff I think doesn't make sense, and it always seems to be right. I get a good job from the professor everytime! (So, thats good news)

Since Gregg came home, I have spent a lot of time with him and I don't regret one bit with him. I have a lot of fun, and it seems like we are closer than ever now. The only downside is that my friends here don't talk to me anymore or invite me out. It gets kind of awkward seeing them around, and I don't want to let it bug me but it does. I can't help that I want to be with him after 8 1/2 months of no physical contact. I wish they would understand, and start acknowledging I am still here. However, I do have Justine who will always be here for me no matter what, and I love her. I guess she is my true friend, and I am forever thankful!

On Thursday, Gregg's car got messed up. The engine got flooded and now sounds horrible and undriveable...UGH! So, this means we have to get a new car. Now, one would be pretty excited about a new car, right? But no, I am not. Gregg and I got out of debt earlier this year from the wedding we paid for and the trailblazer we bought a couple years ago. We were so excited to finally get a break and start saving for our future of moving back to the states. Now, we have to purchase a car which we did not expect to be doing. Its a very frustrating process, and its something Gregg and I both do not want to do, but have to. The question is...do we settle for a cheap thing over here and sell it before we move and buy a car when we get to the states or buy a decent car now we can ship back? Oh, the decisions, the decisions...

It seems like you can never be debt free in our society. Something is always calling on us for us to have credit cards, loans, and more. I was hoping not to have something like those to pay off for awhile (at least two years or more). I guess this just delays the process of Gregg and I actually settling down into a house and starting a family....so, what are we on now; 6 to 8 years until a family? We want to be debt free or somewhat close to it when it comes down to getting a mortgage and having kids. Hopefully, we will have a couple prayer's answered and that debt problem won't come back into our lives. Please, let's hope...

On to good news...
Letters to Juliet finally came out over here, and I am excited to FINALLY see it! I have been waiting and waiting, and its here! So, bring on the comfy bed, the pop corn, and the cuddling because its going to be a good night! (Sad thing is, the hubby has already seen it...Boo!)

Also, the illness I had recently is about all cleared up. I still have one days worth of antibiotics to take and then I am all done...thank goodness!! I hope no one ever gets what I went through...NIGHTMARE!

I have been looking at my hair lately, and it has become sort of a drag. I want to get it cut, but I can't decide if I should cut it short again or just cut out the yucky layers I have? What do yout think?

Okay, I am going to go do some house chores...they are desperately needing to be done. I don't want to though...Until next time, later!

4 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

If you are going to be there for a while get a little Fiat. They run forever, cheap to fix and easy to sell. We loved ours and it was 13 yrs old when we bought it. Perfect work car.

September 16, 2010 at 7:19 AM  
Blogger Abbey said...

I am sure that you and Gregg have a great plan for working towards paying off your debt; however, David and I found Dave Ramsey's advice/book to be extremely motivating and helpful : )

September 16, 2010 at 11:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.fiat.it/cgi-bin/pbrand.dll/FIAT_ITALIA/home.jsp

September 16, 2010 at 4:30 PM  
Blogger Momma Rauwolf said...

For what it's worth at this point in the game I'd suggest getting an inexpensive something that you can trade in on and pay off quickly. Definitely better that the ghetto car that you had when you got to Italy but not the Boy Toy that I'm sure Gregg will eventually want. Did he check out the price of rebuild at the cheap shop he was talking about?

September 16, 2010 at 9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home