Friday, November 27, 2009

Our First Thanksgiving

Last night we celebrated our very first Thanksgiving together as a married couple. Last year I missed it due to seperation by the Army. We had a total of 15 people for dinner and we had plenty of food. I was stressed and hit some bumps in the road, but everyone understood due to it being my first. I was ready for people to start coming in the door and had appetizers ready at 3:00 pm (7 layer dip and one tray of deviled eggs). I was almost done cooking all the sides when it was time to take out both of the turkeys. The one in the roaster came out first and looked yummy and still moist. However, when I took out the turkey in the oven (the temp reached 180), it was no where near done and looked gross. So, Justine and I decided to put it back in the oven and let it cook longer while everyone else would start to eat dinner. We wanted the second turkey just in case we ran out of the first and for LEFTOVERS. But, uh oh! Justine and I forgot about the second turkey. Therefore, it was in there for a good 7 hours total!!!! Yea, it was a waste of a turkey. So, we only get ham sandwhiches for leftovers. You live and you learn. I didn't get many pictures of the night because I was so busy. My kitchen and living room or a mess, and the clean up begins. Justine and Taylor are coming back over tonight to eat more food, and to help clean the rest. I have wonderful friends, and I don't know what I would do without them.

Anyways, mess ups are good for learning, but all and all, we had a great THANKSGIVING!!!!
(But man, I don't have any dessert leftovers...)

The Married Couples

All the Boys

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home