Thursday, November 12, 2009

Happy Veteran's Day, Baby!

This Man Above Is By Far My Favorite Veteran
(He is sooo Handsome too...)

This picture was taken during Banner Day on September 13th (I think?). He had to go through a Army Relay sort of thing. He did Amazing, and Chosen Company came in first on this day!

Greggory (my husband) entered in the Army in January 2006 and went straight into Airborne and Javillion School. In June 2006, he was stationed in Vicenza, Italy. A year after that, he experienced OEF VIII in Afghanistan for fifteen months. During that deployment, he got the ARCOM and the ARCOM V. He is still currently serving his country in Italy and will be experiencing another deployment here in a couple of months (OEF X).

I never ever wish for my husband to be away from me or to be put in harms way, but I am so proud of him. He is risking himself to protect me and millions of people he will never know or meet. Therefore, I am thankful and will forever be in debt to him. He has done so much!

1 Comments:

Blogger wildernesswoman said...

Hi Amanda,
I wrote this poem after hearing Greggory is being deployed.

And the Sun shines brightly all over the world
and the band plays a victory tune
'neath the light of the silvery moon
and our sons and daughters from the wars return
while the Sun brightly shines.

It is featured on http://thoughtfulmuses.blogspot.com/
my other blogs are
http://adventuresherethere.blogspot.com/ which is my road trip adventures from Oct 2009
http://myrainbowjournal-wildernesswoman.blogspot.com/ which is a compilation of my road trips from 2001-Sept 2009
I would appreciate if you would sign up to be a follower.
Love,Peace and Rainbows,
Shannon

November 12, 2009 at 4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home