Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Tuesday's List


Okay, better late than never, right? Okay, so we are back to another week of participating in Jessica's Tuesday's List. This week is Thanksgiving menu and centerpieces. I can participate in the Thanksgiving menu, but not the centerpiece part due to this year's circumstances. For anyone who does not know, Gregg will not be home for Christmas due to deployment, so we are having Christmas early. All my Christmas decorations are up, but we are celebrating Thanksgiving on Thursday.



The Rauwolf Thanksgiving Menu


Appetizer
2 Trays of 7 layer Dip
Chips

Main Course
100 Deviled Eggs
Cranberry Sauce (Canned Jelly)
Bread Rolls
Mashed Potatoes
Yummy Potatoes (Cardinale favorite)
Green Bean Casserole
Corn Casserole
Stuffing
26 pound Turkey
8 pound Ham

Dessert
Pumpkin Pie
Cheesecake
Chocolate Mousse Pie

Gregg and I will be having Thanksgiving with our closest Army friends (16 to be exact). This will also be the very first time I am ever cooking a Turkey, Ham, and this many sides in my life, and without my Mom. This will be interesting. I am stressed, but excited at the same time. I have always helped my mom throughout the years, but never knew the true ends and outs of cooking a Thanksgiving meal. I also wished that my first time would be with my Mom in the kitchen. Using her as my supporter. But we can't always get what we want in life, and I am greatful I get to spend a good chapter of my life in Italy with my husband. I just can't wait to practice my skills a couple of times and then go home and show everyone what I can do!
I will be sure to take plenty of pictures for you guys to see! I hope everyone has a bountiful and blessed Thanksgiving! Sending my love to all...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home