Sunday, October 17, 2010

Commissary Frustration

** This is going to be more of a venting post more than anything, so feel free to skip over if you do not feel like hearing me ramble about my feelings. **

Today I did my weekly grocery shopping like I always do, and the trip left me with frustrated feelings. In the past two months, our commissary has been going under some reconstruction with their fridges to make them more energy effiecient and to keep items colder. I understand they would like to perfect there business, but I will fill you in later on why this is a problem.

So, during a two week period, they take away a section, trying to keep some favorites, and work "diligently" on the fridges. After they are done with that section, they move on to the next fridge.

When I walked in today, I came to find the produce section missing. I searched all over the store for iceberg lettuce and a couple of tomatoes. It took about two rotations until I finally found what I was looking for. However, since they don't carry all the produce they usually do during the process, I am going to have to cancel my stuffed portebello mushrooms meal. I was upset, but it didn't even come close to the emotion I got when I had to break the news to Gregg.

Also, finding out that Gregg now has a lactose deficiency I can only buy skim milk. And guess what? The commissary just so happened to be out. And, not just out of skim milk, they were out of lowfat milk, and reduced fat milk. All they had was whole milk which does not do in the household anymore. So, now Gregg is going to have to live without milk for a few days which is also breaking news. This boy LOVES his milk!

So, I understand all of our products get imported from the states, but the running out has been happening for awhile. They are out of items for days and days! So, don't you think they would make bigger shipments? Well, they don't...we all just have to suck it up.

And back to my fridge repair comment, the commissary here has limited hours it is open. They are CLOSED on Monday's. Now, here goes my frustration....Work hard all day on the day you have it closed for restocking...DUH!!!!!

I am also getting tired of how much money I loose when I go to the commissary. Everyone seems to think we get a special price at the commissary, but we don't. Everything is the same price, we pay a "surcharge" in which we aren't suppose to pay taxes, and we have to tip the bagger's that take our groceries out the car (you don't have a choice, they have to do it). Its just a bit much!!

Okay, so I'll end it here because I could seriously go on and on. I am hoping someone thats works for DECA reads this, and takes in the consumer's feelings!! Oh, and an ICE comment will be filled out.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

if you need milk that much...buy a (skim milk) cow...instead of having one. chill baby, chill...better yet, ive got some prozac for ya...smile!

October 17, 2010 at 9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look who is telling you to chill out...the king of frustration himself!!! Notice he didn't sign his name, like you can't tell who it is. Hahahahahaha :) Mom

October 17, 2010 at 11:23 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Haha, I noticed he didn't sign his name either. I didn't have to second guess who it was, but shocked he was making fun of me...lol

October 17, 2010 at 11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hate to break the news to you, but Italy does happen to have supermarkets and they even sell low fat milk, not to mention mushrooms, lettuce and tomatoes.
You don't live in a third world country, so suck it up and enter the the real Italian life...

October 17, 2010 at 6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home