Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Tuesday's List: All Things Halloweeny


Tuesday's List: All Things Halloweeny

I remember all Halloween nights ended with all of us Metaxas/Zavelli children in our own designated corners emptying our filled pillow cases into piles, sorting our favorites from the yucky and tradeable ones. If I remember correctly, I would trade Chris Milky Way bars for Hershy Bars, Sarah Reese's Peanut Butter Cups for 3 Musketeers, Katie Twizzlers for Nerds, and Melissa Blow Pops for Snickers. Yes, I would end up with all the chocolate...I was the smart one! I can't remember what the trades were for Lauren and Elena, but I do know there was trading with them as well. There were items that were just a no no for trading (we all loved them): Candy Cigarettes, Candy Necklaces, Chiclets, Fun Dip (sometimes you got that lucky), Pixy Sticks, Pop Rocks, Ring Pops, Runts, Smarties, Skittles, Sprees, Warheads, Wax Lips, and more. The adults always had there share of the caramel. None of us wanted that yuckiness back then and we wanted to give them a little something to thank them for taking us out. : )

Mom always had this huge caledron to put candy in every year. I want to find a cute one of my own and have that next year to put candy in...Oh the things I want to do, but have to slowly get. : (

The Candy I won't mind getting now: Nerds, Hershy Bars, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Twix, Gummy Bears/Worms, Junior Mints, Skittles, 3 Musketeers, and Caramel Chews...Can you tell I have gotten older?

This past weekend, Caserma Ederle (post) had a bazaar. I was so excited because that is one thing I just missed in the states. Every year in the states, they would have a fair that sold all kids of holiday stuff, and different kinds of spices for foods. I usually went with mom and the couple of things we always walked out with every year was a pine tree candle that smelled oh so good, mix to make Tortilla soup, and Apple Cider mix. So, I was definitely super excited about the one here. But oh was I ever wrong...it was the lamest thing I have ever seen. I walked out with one thing and that is because I made my myself to do it. So, I get this pumpkin thing (picture below) and it cost me $22...UGH. They did not have any holiday decorations like they said they would, they had one spice table that lacked in anything good, and all the furniture was rediculously expensive! The bright side is, I got something Fall/Halloweeny to adore and put in my Tuesday's List. I also have a small candy dish that is a pumpkin..I got from Nove. Thats about it though. I don't have too many fall decorations, but next year, that will all change. Just wait!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home