Monday, June 1, 2009

Over a Week

So, it has been over a week, and I thought I would give an update on what has been going on!

Sunday - I went over to my friend Tiffany's for the night and had taco's with the girl's. It was a nice little group of us just enjoying each others company and trying to get out of the house. We were suppose to watch a movie that night, but ended up talking way into the night. That's how good of a bunch these girls are!

Monday - I ended up laying out at the pool with Justine. It was my first time this year in a bathing suit, and it did not look pretty. I am stark white, and I know I was blinding everyone that passed by. It was a beautiful day; the sun was shining and the heat was turned up! After that, I got to spend a little time with my favorite couple. The Cardinale's. It never gets old with them. Since Gregg has been gone, we didn't have a chance to hang out as much, but it was definitely nice to catch up with the week we missed.

Tuesday - I hated this day. Basically I had to go sit and kill time on post and wait for my appointment I did not know was at three o'clock. Yes, I got on post at eight in the morning and killed time doing NOTHING till 3. I was bored out of my mind. I checked my mail, filled out paperwork for my job, ate lunch, and walked. My appointment consisted of a eye exam and a PPD immunization. It was a hot they gave in my arm and I was not allowed to touch, scratch, wash, anything for two days. It wasn't too bad, but I just hated having to watch it constantly.

Wednesday - I had to wake up early again on this day to meet my two gals (Tiffany and Jessica) and go to Key Caller Training and Treasurer Training. It was a very boring morning of me sitting at a desk listening to people ramble on about stuff I could read about at home. It was nice to go through it with some friends though. Key Callers are people who call other wives in your platoon giving them information on what is going on, deployment information such as leave, deaths, homecomings, etc. I am also the treasurer of our FRG for Chosen Company. I wanted to be Co-FRG leader, but Gregg was not sold on the idea, but treasurer was okay. I haven't really done anything yet, but we are about to have a bunch of fundraisers that will need me front and center. We are trying to raise as much money as possible so we can send flowers to families who have lost ones in this next deployment, company t-shirts, care packages for the boys and more.

Thursday - Jack had a dental appointment this morning. He did so well, and I was very proud of him. When I went to go pick him up, he was still loopy from the happy gas they gave him; so, he was very funny to watch. He slept through the whole day which was good, and he looked so cute. I also had to go back to the clinic today to have my PPD test checked on. It was still red, but not bumpy so I was good to go! I have been trying so hard to get all this stuff done for my new job, but it is definitely a pain, and I don't want to do it again! So hopefully, I love my job!

Friday - I got to spend the day with my neighbor Dana and her baby boy Jericho. I love them! They are the nicest people, and are so helpful. It was nice to get out with them, and it made the time pass so quickly. We first went and worked out and that is something I am going to have to do more often. I have gained some weight since I have been here and Dana is a great motivator. Later that night, I went to Tiffany's to babysit. While I was there, I finally got to watch Bride Wars. It was a cute movie. Also, spending some time with Tiffany was great girl time for me.

Saturday - I went shopping for Justine's baby shower gift. I did not have a hard time because I knew what she needed. She needed all the necessity stuff that gets used everyday. I even threw in some sunscreen because I am definitely getting Justine and baby out of the house a lot. Later that night, all the girls (Tiffany, Jessica, Jen, and myself) all met up at Jessica's that night for dinner! It was crazy fun! We could not decide between lasagna or enchilada's...so, we had both! We were all so full that we couldn't eat the chocolate cheesecake she bought. I know what you are thinking...girls didn't have their chocolate. I was full, wanted it, but didn't have any because I didn't want to be the fatty mcfat fat that opened it! lol.

Sunday - Dana, Jericho, and I headed to post for some last minute items. It was definitely a quick trip, but it was nice to have some company when I run errands. Later that night, Justine had her baby shower and the hostess' did an AMAZING job! The food was delicious, the games were fun, and the conversation was good. Justine definitely made bank on all the gifts.

Today - I went to the pool with Justine and Tiffany. It was a perfect day to layout. The sun was a little behind the clouds, but that actually was a good thing. I did not get overheated today, and I still got red only being out there for two hours. After that, I had to go pick up medicine, check mail, throw trash away...and I think that's it. Now, I am just chilling at home looking at all the stuff I have to clean before Gregg gets home...Goodness, its a lot!

I hope you guys enjoyed this boring update. Hopefully I will get some good posts in soon. Gregg comes home in 5 days, and I am counting down! Until next time, later!

3 Comments:

Blogger Momma Rauwolf said...

Sounds like you stay busy which is really great. So is the FRG Treasurer your job or are you actually talking about a paying job? When are you starting back to school? Miss you lots and love you more.

June 1, 2009 at 3:29 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

I actually got a paying job at the Child Development Center on post. Its only part-time, but thats all I really want right now. I start Friday! I don't know when I am starting back on school. Gregg doesn't really want me to until he is out of the Army..so, we will see. Miss you and love you too!

June 2, 2009 at 5:56 AM  
Anonymous Amanda said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

June 6, 2009 at 1:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home