Saturday, June 6, 2009

Finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel!

Hello Everyone,

I have finally fixed my comment problems on the setting page. Now EVERYONE can comment!! If you do not have an account on Blog spot, you would comment under the Name/URL selection. When you click that selection, type in your name, and do not worry about the URL part, just leave it blank. Hopefully, this will give a lot more people to interact on my blog.

As you already know, I went to Justine's baby shower last week. As part of her gift, I jazzed up her baby wipe container, and I wanted to show everyone. If you would like one, I am charging $10 for supplies and time. I can do one in any theme: safari (shown), specific colors, sports, ballerina, themed (cars, whinnie the pooh, etc.) Enjoy!


My girlfriends (Tiffany, Jessica, and myself) tried to go dress shopping on Wednesday for the military ball. Italy makes it really hard to find what you need. However, if you need any kind of spice, food, or lingerie....you are all set. We need long elegant dresses and Italy just does not seem accustomed to those kind of things. I still have ways a way to go, but I wanted to go ahead and get this checked off my list. I am nervous to order online, but if I have to, I will. Otherwise, I will be having the old prom dresses coming out of the closet in the states. Say some prayers I find one because I would really love to have a new one.

On Thursday, I had my LAST physical for my new job. During the physical, the doctor I was seeing said my last name Rauwolf comes from a plant called Rauwolfia...or something like that. It is used in many medications that help reduce blood pressure, and I thought that was pretty cool. Apparently, I am going to need that plants help soon because my blood pressure has been pretty high lately. I wondered when it was going to start to rise though due to the family history and all (DAD!!) The nurse that conducted my blood pressure, temperature,weight, and height was a BUTT!! When he asked me if I drank, I said no truthfully, and he responded with a, "Yes you do...you are lying." When he asked me what medications I took, I said Loestrin 24 Fe, and he responded with, "Is that the birth control shot because you look like the type that would get the shot"...No! But the one that really ticked me off was this one: He asked for a ball park weight and I told him 113. However, he insisted he still have me get on the scale...So, when I did, it read 115, and he made a fat comment!! And when I said excuse me, he replied with, "I'm sure weight fluctuates in short girls." I don't know, but who has conversations with patients like this!!! I was definitely mad, and this close ( ) to telling his supervisor! Anyways, I had to get another shot that day! Apparently, my Tetnis shot expired and I had to get it again. It did not hurt when I got it, but man, I am definitely making up for it now. It is very sore, and all last night I kept turning on my side and making it hurt!

Yesterday, the Chief of Housing wanted to have a meeting with me. You guys all know I have been having trouble with this housing thing. And, I know Dad and Gregg would not tolerate it, so I went up the chain, and I did it all by myself! I sent emails out to supervisors explaining how much trouble I was having especially since housing explained to Gregg before he left that they would take care of me, and it would be a piece of cake. Anyways, the Chief of Housing...HMM...well, he said Gregg and I have the chance to take on a Villagio house; However, I already know Gregg's answer, "HELL NO." Villagio is like a suburb RIGHT NEXT to Post. Only Americans with children are allowed to live in there. All the houses have plenty of storage (cabinets, multiple closets, etc.) and are two stories. The reason Gregg does not want to live there, and I understand his reasons are: He does not want to have to go through a gate check to go home (scan military card), there are too many Americans that he knows and does not want people coming over to the house whenever they want. Also, kids are known to run into your yard and pick all your flowers out of your garden, and there is a lot of construction going on in there. I agree with the reasons, but the place is nice. I really don't care, but I want Gregg to go look at them again just in case. The Chief of Housing also allowed us to look at more three bedroom places. FINALLY, the answer I wanted! So, next week when Gregg gets back, we will go look at more houses. Wish us luck!

Today, I have to be in boot camp cleaning mode. I have not done a thing with Gregg gone, so I have to catch up on it all today. This is not going to be fun! Also, I have to go back to the grocery store and pick up some things I forgot..UGH! Gregg called me in the middle of it yesterday, and I lost all concentration.

So, tomorrow, Gregg will be coming home in the morning! I'll try to keep updating, but this next week seems VERY BUSY!! But, I know I can do it! Until next time, later!

3 Comments:

Blogger Momma Rauwolf said...

So glad Greggory got home. I'm sure you're ecstatic.
There is actually a Dr. Leonard Rauwolf that the Rauwolfia plant is named after. This would be Greggory's several Great's ago Grandfather. So you're related to a famous Dr. You're also related to Judge Roy Bean, known as the Hanging Judge. And you're related to Hardy from the old Laurel and Hardy silent movies.

I'm gonna come kick some nurse's ass. How dare he be so rude.

Love ya, Girl

June 7, 2009 at 9:07 PM  
Anonymous Kelly Metaxas said...

Yeah, I think I would have had totell that nurse a thing or two about how to have good bedside manner and that wasn't it!

June 8, 2009 at 9:11 AM  
Blogger Love from Texas said...

WHOA! i think i would have def had to report that nurse. what a jerk!

June 16, 2009 at 11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home