Sunday, February 22, 2009

Travels Around the Home

Oh My Gosh, Where to start? First off, I want to apologize for not updating. The Internet at the house was down; and yes, it was all my fault. I do admit, it was my plucking around that got us without Internet for a week. However, it is up and running again and we are doing alright.


This week, we can say was eventful. It started off with a trip to Noventa. It is about ten minutes past our house and I nice quiet place to go and see. Some scenic places here in Italy are loud and full with people and sometimes it gets annoying. However, Noventa was very empty with people and very calming to walk around. Here are pictures with explanations:

This is the Town Hall in the city of Noventa

This is a big fountain marking the center of Noventa


This is a huge church in Noventa. We did not try and go inside because they are all usually locked


My next trip was with the girls. We went to my favorite place here in Vicenza...Monte Berico. I believe I already posted a pictures of the steps leading up to Monte Berico. On Sundays, it is known that nuns come together and walk up those steps on their knees. I think that is the coolest thing I have ever heard. Anyone who even has the willingness to walk up them are strong. I always seem to take the easy way out and drive up there. These pictures I am about to post will explain why I like this place so much. It has the best lookout view to see the whole city of Vicenza. However, I ended up going on the foggiest of days. Anyways, here they are:

Here is the church at the top of Monte Berico. We actually for the first time in my life actually got to go in the this church. I have tried so many times to see if these doors are open and that day of all days, they were. I couldn't get any pictures inside because a mass was going on, but oh my gosh, it was beautiful!

Then we decided to start walking around the garden next to Monte Berico and here is what I get myself into:


Then from Wednesday on, I ended up at the Clinic for days because I was sick. I hope I do not have to see that Clinic for a very very long time. I am now on a couple of antibiotics and hating that I am sick. My husband will be leaving tomorrow for training and all we do together is sit because I am not well enough to have fun. I hate it and wish I was well. Oh well, I guess that means bed for me all week long. I will try and update more and more as the days go by. I miss everyone and I want to make another announcement to my sister: Happy Birthday Sarah! Wish I was there to celebrate it with you! Until next time, later!


The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be and that God wishes to see people happy, amidst the simple beauty of nature. --Anne Frank

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home