Tuesday, February 3, 2009

One Step Closer

Hey Everyone,

Today was a very productive day! We'll at least I thought it was! I had to get up extra early today..not by choice to go and take my Italian driver's test. Happy to say I passed with flying colors. I did not miss one question and I finally have a one up on Gregg. Sadly, that is hard to find, so I am definitely celebrating it. Now that I have my driver's license, I am starting to feel more apart of this whole Italian lifestyle. I know it sounds corny, but now I can start relying on myself. However, I now have to learn how to drive a stick. Gregg bought me a small beat up Italian car that is a stick. For your information, all Italian cars are sticks and I have never been in the driver's seat of one. The car is really sad, but it gets me from point A to point B. I am worried that one of these days, it is going to break down on me. The car is in the shop right now getting worked on, but when it gets out. I will definitely have to post pictures so we all can laugh. Anyways, here is a picture of me and my officially Italian drivers license that I am now a proud owner of: I am sure I made mother proud!
After that, Justine and I did what we do almost every week day..we went to the gym to workout. However, I could only do 20 minutes on the elliptical which is a bit of a disappointment, but at least I got on. Today was a little harder getting into the swing of working out. Maybe it was my too much fun weekend that I did not want to see end. I do love working out with Justine though. We seem to have our vent session through that time, and it makes me push through my legs just a little harder...and the time goes by so much faster.
While I was working out, I got a daily text message from Gregg asking to have lunch with me and Justine. We were really hoping he did not say Burger King, and he didn't...FINALLY!! We actually ended up having lunch with a couple of good friends: Justine, Turner, and Hanna. It was a fun group we had going. After lunch, Gregg, Justine, Turner, and I went on a little shopping spree before Gregg had to go back to work. I was sooo happy about this part. We got a huge khaki color rug for our living room floor, curtains also for the living room, small rugs for kitchen and bathroom, and a large candle. It seems like a little, but it was enough to make me smile and have the home one step closer to feeling cozy.

After Gregg went back to work, I had to do my wife duties and go grocery shopping. I find grocery shopping fun, but stressful at the same time. Sometimes I worry about money and also if I will forget something which I did even though I had a list. Oh well! When Gregg got home, he noticed I had placed all our things in their places and he complimented my decorating skills. He said, "Wow, it's looking good in here. You really know what you are doing!" YAY!! After that he got going on his favorite pastime and that is World of Warcraft. I happened to get a picture of his backside without him noticing..shh..lol
After he had dinner, desert, and a massive foot rub, he is now passed out on the couch looking so cute! You could tell he had a productive day as well! I am so glad we were able to spend a lot more time together than usual on a work day. Hopefully there are many more of these! So, now that he is asleep, I found this was a good time to update my blog. So, to bring my whole day wrapped up in my title, I got a lot done in a day to have this home ready to open to the public and call myself a a true Italian resident...if that makes any sense..lol Oh guys, please keep your emails coming. We enjoy reading them more than you like to talk about yourself. I have gotten plenty in the past, but they have slowly died down..Why? Start your fingers back up and get to typing..it's not hard. Love you all, and hope to hear from you soon. Until next time, later.


1 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Congrats on the driver's license. Sticks are not that hard if you know how to balance things. With all the years of dance you have, you should do fine.

February 3, 2009 at 2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home