Monday, February 2, 2009

New to this "Blog World"

Hello Family and Friends,

I decided to do this "Family Blog" thing because Gregg and I moved so far away and want to keep in touch with everyone back home. Please be patient with me while I try and figure this thing out. So far, Gregg and I have finally made it to the same city where we call home now..Vicenza, Italy. It has taken us a pretty bumpy and windy road to get here, but it was all worth it in the end, and I would do it all over again if I had to. We are living in the ole Italian country due to Gregg's job. He works for the U.S. Army and stays very very busy. Right now he just got done with weeks worth of training and he can feel it in his whole entire body. Right now, I am a SAH (Stay At Home) wife trying to get our place looking somewhat like home to us. We live on the second floor of a nice building in Apt. #3. It has open floor plan through the living room and kitchen with a balcony that overlooks an amazing Italian mansion home. Also, we have a very nice size guest room for anyone that decides to roll over on this side of the world and need a place to crash. Gregg and my bedroom is very nice. The size is ridiculous for a first time family and also has its on balcony looking at a large piece of land that is very calming to wake up to in the morning. Luckily, Gregg and I were blessed with two bathrooms in which we both took control of both. My bathroom has a huge bath tub fit for two and the best words I can think of to describe it is...spa paradise. Gregg's bathroom is definitely fit for a man. It holds his deep sink and shower. His bathroom also holds our washer and dryer which is amazing to find in an Italian home. Right now, the house looks like a man's fraternity house because we are still waiting on our household goods to arrive. So tonight, I will be doing the same thing I have been doing. Cooking with one pot, eating on paper plates, and sleeping on a tiny mattress. It sounds horrible now, but it will all be worthwhile when our stuff gets here and I can start adding my girly touch to everything. Well, Gregg will be getting home from work in the next thirty minutes, so I might as well start cooking dinner. Until next time, later.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore.Dream. Discover"-- MARK TWAIN

3 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

February 2, 2009 at 2:15 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Boy, this is my 4th attempt at getting this comment to post. I hope no one else has the same problems. Ok, let's see what did I say...okay, I am so glad that you started this. Just from your description of your apartment I can visualize it. It sounds nice. You need to post before and after pictures on here so we can see the transformation. Did you get an invite from me on Facebook to view my blog? I can't remember who got it and who didn't. Mine is www.southernbellegirl.blogspot.com. IF you go to blog network in Facebook you can list your blog and invite people you want to read it. That's what I did.

Yeah! I am your first and second comment!

February 2, 2009 at 2:19 PM  
Blogger Momma Rauwolf said...

I'm so glad you got this going. I love and miss both of you horribly. You seem so far away and I haven't talked to you in forever. I'm going to have to get my webcam up and running. Love to you both, Momma Rauwolf

February 2, 2009 at 7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home