Sunday, February 8, 2009

Movers, Boxes, and Friends..What Else Can I Ask For?

Hey Family and Friends,

First off, I want to apologize for not posting in awhile. Things have gotten crazy busy and by the end of the day I am extremely exhausted. I even want to apologize to my lovely sisters who I have left hanging these past couple of days. I will now recap what has gone on in the Rauwolf household. As all of you know, I got my Italian Driver's License. Therefore, Gregg and Justine took me out for the first time to teach me how to drive a stick. They both said I did really well, but the only way I can describe the experience is...interesting.

Now on Thursday morning at 7:45 a.m., the mover's came. Yes, that's what I said, the mover's came with all of Greggory and my stuff. Oh my gosh, I was the happiest girl in the world. It felt like Christmas all over again opening those boxes. The mover's got done with bringing everything in around 8:30. It didn't take them long. After they left, the box cutting began! I couldn't stop..It was soo much fun. I left a couple of boxes that I knew were Gregg's so he could share in the fun. He couldn't be there because they would not let him get off work. So, my best friend Justine came over and lent me a hand. We washed and put a lot of things away. I was so thankful I could have her...especially on this day. Her husband Taylor was coming home that night from being away for a month for training. I knew she had to get a lot of things done, but she is the best and did both! Justine and I even put some furniture together by ourselves. I am adding a couple of pictures with boxes everywhere.


Later that night, Gregg came home with a huge headache. However, it was because he needed food in his belly; its what every man "needs." So, I made us our famous spaghetti with sauce made from scratch and opened a bottle of wine. It was the greatest feeling being able to cook an amazing meal with multiple pots, eat on plates that do not bend, and silverware that do not break. After dinner, he was feeling himself again and decided to build our entertainment stand and unpack his TV, xbox, and stereo. He was grinning from ear to ear. And I was too because seeing him this happy made me happy! I seriously did not stop for one second that day. I went and went and went until late that night. Gregg told me to give it a rest and go to bed, and I did even though I didn't want to.

Friday night was the best night I have had in a long time. Taylor was back and celebrating was no question. Gregg and I headed over to Justine and Taylor's and we had fun playing Guitar Hero World Tour ALL night long. I got stuck in being the singer which I did not want to do, but it was fun! A couple of other friends came over and joined in all the fun as well. I took a million pictures this night, but sadly I am not in any of them. Sorry guys, I will get better and get some with me. Back to the post though, it was nice to finally kick back and relax with friends.
Here is Gregg playing the drums on World Tour. The song he had to play was Hotel California.

Well, not too much else I need to share. That is pretty much it. I am really trying to get the house set up so I can take pictures for you guys. And, I definitely have to get it up and running before Thursday night because Greggory and I will have our very first house guest. I hope I do a good job in preparing things for her. Oh, I am loving Italy..the scenery is what i like best. I love driving down the road and seeing old churches, restaurants, and tiny homes. Also, seeing mountains, hills, and big blue skies are amazing as well. However, there are a couple of things I do miss in the states and that is having all the foods you like at easy access and better driver's. Yes, I said it, people in the states DO drive better than those here. Some of my favorite places to eat that I miss are: O'Charley's, Buffalo Wild Wings, and Johnny Brusco's. If anyone can find a way to FedEx that to me, you would be my bestest friend in the whole wide world. Well, I guess I need to go, I have another bookshelf to build. Until next time, later.

3 Comments:

Blogger Momma Rauwolf said...

Good to hear from you again. I'm so happy that you guys got your household things. I'm sure you're just ecstatic. Can't wait to see pictures. Was that a gas cook stove I saw? You're so lucky.

February 8, 2009 at 8:10 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Yep, Gas stove and oven. It cooks things so much easier and better. I love it!!

February 8, 2009 at 1:48 PM  
Blogger Momma Rauwolf said...

When it's on it's hot and when it off it's not.

February 9, 2009 at 10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home