Thursday, August 20, 2009

A Landmark


This past Sunday, on August 16th, Gregg and I celebrated our one year anniversary. It was a nice, calming, nothing went as planned kind of day (lol). First off, I tried to do the whole romantic thing by giving my husband breakfast in bed. When I started to bring it in, his face lit up so much, and you could tell this is something he has always wanted to have. However, if you know my bed, it is probably the only bed on this earth with wheels attached to it. Anyways, Gregg tried to sit up in bed to get ready to eat, but the bed kept rolling away from the wall. I tried to put something rubber under one of the wheels, but it did not seem to work. Gregg's smile quickly changed and therefore mine did as well. So, it was just another morning eating at the dang ole coffee table (ugh).

Next, my gift for Gregg never made it in the mail. I made sure to order it very early to make sure this didn't happen, but it did. However, Gregg did great and got me a digital photo frame. This was the first time he didn't come to me to ask what I wanted, and I believe he did a fabulous job. It is so hard to find worthy gifts at our PX. We spent about 2 hours flipping through old pictures trying to find the perfect ones to put in the frame. It now sits on the side table between our two chairs; And I swear to you, I could sit there all day watching each picture go by (lol).

We watched plenty of movies on this day taking turns picking boy and girl movies. I was so proud of Gregg on this day because he did not get on the computer once to play WoW, and I know it was a hard task for him to follow. We started to get ready for dinner a little late, and Gregg decided to delay the process of it longer. Here's the story: I was heading to the bathroom when Gregg got the bright idea to pick me up upside down and throw me on the bed. As you know, my bed has wheels...As Gregg was throwing me down, the bed started to roll and I completely missed the mattress. The bridge of my nose hit the metal bed frame and my head made a nice landing for the hardwood floor. So, I now have a nice cut and bruise on my nose and a bump on my head. I was pretty upset because I planned on taking some pictures of us in our nice clothes, but that idea was definitely thrown out the window. Everytime he seems me, he is reminded of it and apologizes..I love hearing him say that, but I know I will live.

Also on this night, I picked out the perfect restaurant for Gregg and I to go to for dinner. However, once again, it didn't go the way I wanted it to. Apparently, this weekend falls on an Italian holiday. And to everyone that does not know, EVERYTHING is closed on Italian holidays. The only thing that was not closed was a tiny pizzeria. So, there we are, all nicely dressed and eating at a very casual place. What I can say though is, we had the best time goofing around and the conversation was great. We brought up old memories, talked about the future, and shared some jokes.

Okay, so that was our day! Thanks to everyone who wished us a Happy Anniversary. We are so happy with the way our marriage is going and are excited to start this next year. I love Greggory so much, and I know he feels the same by the way he treats me. And, for anyone looking for a happy marriage such as ours....The best advice we were ever given was, kiss at least once a day for ten seconds or more. The pecks do not count! Those ten seconds a day make a HUGE impact! TRUST ME!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amanda,

I'm sorry that you were hurt whenn he tried to throw you on the bed, but trying to picture that is hilarious! I'm so glad you had a ggod anniversary and can't believe it has already been a year. I hope your years to come are just as happy as this one has been.

Kelly

August 20, 2009 at 3:16 PM  
Blogger Momma Rauwolf said...

Poor baby. What's the saying, What can go wrong will. BTW, most beds that have the wheels have a little lever next to the wheels that works like a brake. Press the lever down and it should stay put. I'm glad that you guys had a good day despite the mishaps. I'm sure it's a day that you won't forget. That what does not kill us makes us stronger. How's the nose? Did everyone think he hit you? Love you both and miss you terribly.

Momma Rauwolf

August 23, 2009 at 7:07 PM  
Anonymous Amanda said...

Aunt Kelly,
I would have to say that it was pretty funny, so you can laugh. Gregg sure did! Thanks for the wishes!

Hey Momma Rauwolf,
Gregg tried looking for the lever and he could not find it. Oh well, I am going to go buy a rug here soon to see if that will help. My nose is finally clearing up; its still there, but better. Everyone thought it was my glasses that did it, and I am letting everyone that does not read this think that. Thanks for calling and wishing us a happy anniversary!!

August 24, 2009 at 10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home